New GPUs?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by FrozenSolid, Aug 1, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Rx Vega 56 & Rx Vega 64 Overclocking Benchmark Leaks (Rumor)

Not mentioned what the tests / games were, only these results in % over / under a 1080:
    RX Vega 56 and 64 leaked benchmark results.jpg
    Monday is the embargo release day for performance results, hopefully it's just like we see here, or better :)

bennyg likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I sure hope it turns out good, and I hope they're not overclock-emasculated like Ryzen. And, if so... it's coming to MXM... when?
    Well, when 99 out of 100 laptops is an emasculated, crippled, over-heating, poorly binned, disposable, soldered piece of dog poop, burning calories to make an awesome GPU for a piece of garbage like that is kind of pointless. We should not have surprised looks on our faces.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    TBoneSan and hmscott like this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you seen thread ripper reaching into the 4.1-4.2ghz range on all 16 cores? That's not too bad, it does need aroun 700W to do that though lol.

4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I haven't been happy or impressed with 4.2GHz since before I upgraded from 2720QM to 2920XM. And, 4.2GHz wasn't good enough with my 4960X in the P570WM... 4.7GHz was good though. What is also pathetic about TR barely being able to manage 4.1-4.2GHz is the fact that it is such an insignificant increase from stock clocks. I am extremely unimpressed by that, just as I have been very unimpressed by how crappily AMD GPUs have historically handle overclocking. Parts that do not overclock well are not enthusiast components. They are mainstream consumer sheeple parts no matter how powerful they might be running stock. I have zero interest in running CPUs or GPUs at stock clocks and won't spend my money on junk that doesn't overclock well.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    Papusan likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I put it Here. Read also my post before and after:cool:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Isn't it funny how the excuses about not being optimized for AMD always surface immediately after data is posted? It does nothing to change the fact that the results are inferior.

TBoneSan, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Both Amd and Intel sucks with latest cpu chips. But Amd sucks much more due lack of OC'ing. See also the retarded performance in gaming with latest Intel chips. No improvement vs. previous gen. Everything sucks now!!

hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I agree. We live in very sad times. BGA will always be filth and the better stuff that is not BGA filth doesn't perform any better than the older stuff it replaced. NVIDIA is dumber than ever before (no MXM support, blocking vBIOS mods, limited SLI support, etc.). And, we have the worst version of Windows ever conceived by the Redmond Mafia. I still give credit for this mostly to the growing stupidity of consumers. If people refused to purchase or use garbage they would stop it because making money is more important to them than anything else. But, the sheeple keep saying yes to the mess. It will likely get worse.

TBoneSan, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    And, now it's the same for i9 isn't it? :)

New architecture, new instructions, new optimizations.

BTW, this is the "New GPUs" thread, not CPUs, I was just making a point as an example.

Papusan likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    All GPU's are soldered BGA... right?

MXM is a "riser" card technology, not LGA. Just because it's replaceable doesn't mean it's better, it means it's replaceable.

bennyg likes this.