new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, this isnt suppose to happen, especially with GPU, it should just go up to 60 or so. but CPU its the same here, it goes to 90.
    but here are the options you have...
    bf4 isnt cpu intensive so just change the affinity in the task manager to about 4 cores.
    second option is undervolt and slow down the speed a little with the program throttestop. its free and amazing. i used it for a while.

2. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone have problems with hard drives getting disconnected or not connected at all when connecting in on USB 3.0? I've been having problems with this and I have a 2 weeks old P35. Granted, I did updated it to Win8.1

My previous laptop never had problems with finnicky USB hard drive connections. I'm using a Silicon power a80 and a Western Digital MyBook 4TB

3. Jubilee

Jubilee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear that. Does it happen with USB 2.0? I'm sure you've tried both USB 3.0 ports? I connect a WD Passport through USB 3.0 frequently with no problems. Also Windows 8.1. Do you have a USB 3.0 thumbdrive, does it disconnect as well?

4. Major_Trouble

Major_Trouble Newbie

Reputations:
    I didn't have a problem until the 8.1 upgrade?? After that my USB 3.0 drives would / wouldn't get recognized by the USB 3.0 ports. They worked fine in my USB 2.0 ports and fine in USB 3.0 on my desktop machine so it had, for me, to be new drivers from Microsoft. I raised it with Microsoft and a tech took over my machine (which I really disliked) and even he could not sort it out. He tried all the things I had already done anyway. In the end he said I should raise it with Gigabyte and I should do a complete re-install. Funny how it was working fine before 8.1.

In the end I uninstalled the USB 3.0 drivers from Microsoft/Gigabyte and installed the latest Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver. Everything went back to as it was before the 8.1 update with USB 3.0 drives recognized and working at the correct speeds. I hope that helps.

5. Zar90

Zar90 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm thinking of buying this notebook with i7, gtx760, 16gb - price will drop if the v2 is released.

The biggest concern: fan noise in idle, after the bios update, what about fan noise during office tasks, browsing or in idle? Is the fan turned of? Is it jumping? Had bad experience with the new gs60...

Need the notebook for student tasks (library, excel, word, java coding, statistic calculations) and for gaming (old games like hearts of iron, cs1.6, dod source, Europa universalis, rise of flight).

6. yung_dt

yung_dt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fan noise is pretty much non-existent in idle. It's turned off most of the time when I'm doing office tasks. I'm using my P35K right now in a library and it's silent. Browsing a bunch of flash-heavy sites simultaneously turns on the fan at minimum speed.

The noise is loud at max speed, but it's bearable. The rpm doesn't bounce around. But for games that you mentioned, the fan should stay below full speed.

7. asiagian2

asiagian2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to turn on Adaptive V-Sync in this laptop ? In NVIDIA Control Panel, Vertical Sync, I only see option On/Off/Use 3D Application setting. I don't see Adaptive V-Sync here, eventhough I have selected NVIDIA as prefered Graphics processor.

I use NVIDIA driver from Gigabyte site as well as from NVIDIA site, same thing, Adaptive V-Sync option does not show up.

Thanks.

8. sbx320

sbx320 Newbie

Reputations:
    @asiagian2:

9. asiagian2

asiagian2 Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Dagixxerkid2

Dagixxerkid2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My P35K came with the standard dvd-rw drive. does anyone know where i can order the blu-ray drive seperately?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.