new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlkKnight

BlkKnight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    UK service centre

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
    Address: Unit 17, Stafford Park 12, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BJ, UK
    TEL: +44 (0)1952608784
    Technical suppot: 0844 8804528

2. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 Tetra Vaal

Reputations:
    When I read this I got really upset, because I felt like Gigabyte was swindling us. However, I can confirm that the P35K's are still shipping with IPS screens. I just bought mine a little over a week ago, and checked the screen's model number.

Screen Info: View image: Capture
    Screen Data Sheet: http://www.datadisplay-group.com/fileadmin/pdf/produkte/Displays/LG/LP156WF4-SLBA_Datasheet.PDF

The data sheet confirms this is an IPS screen with 400:1 contrast ratio.

3. yugi

yugi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P35K is in stock now in my country and it has same model number. I wonder that is there anybody who has P35K's AHVA screen.

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well hey people, its bee a while since I posted here. ever since I got my p35k a little over 3 months ago from gentech I am pleased to say I am in love with this laptop. seriously everything is perfect about it except the fan noise, and windows 7 drivers. gigabyte doesn't update drivers for windows 7 anymore, I don't know why. so I stuck with windows 8.1...... sorry to say this but Microsoft sucks balls for making windows 8
    I got the p35k cf2 and right away added another msata and raid 0 both drives. then upgraded the ram to 16 and here I am today. maxing out my p35k. its actually very light, thin, and lightening fast. the screen is unreal! the colours are amazing and the viewing angles are nice. makes everything so sharp and clear pixel by pixel. for the guy who burned his keyboard. I don't think gigabyte will sell it separate. you have to send it in and they do it for you.
    so yeah that me again after almost 4 months telling people what they will get.
    if you have any question or requests let me know. I got a load of games and software if you want to know how it runs.

5. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK! hold on and let me tell you from experience......
    first of all make sure you save the recovery of windows 8 on a flash drive..
    second of all is when you try to do a recovery for windows 8, if you have the msata drive and the regular drive in, it will automatically install on the normal drive instead of msata. workaround this is, you have to unplug the normal hard drive and keep the msata. perform a recovery and then replug the normal hdd. and windows 7 runs amazing on it expect the fact that gigabyte doesn't update it regularly............ :/ which sucks

goodluck

6. Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about buying this laptop. If I order it without a hard drive from gentech (I have a 500 GB SSD to put in myself), would I need to create a separate Windows 8 boot disk on my own?

7. Mr Lincoln

Mr Lincoln Newbie

Reputations:
    Possibly ;)
    how to make a windows 8 boot disk - YouTube

How to Create a Windows 8 (8.1) Bootable USB Flash Drive
    How to Create a Windows 8 (8.1) Bootable USB Flash Drive - YouTube

Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive For Windows 7 / Windows 8
    Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive For Windows 7 / Windows 8 - YouTube

hth good luck!

8. Jubilee

Jubilee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same here, bought the laptop in December so coming on three months now, still in love. Quality in Far Cry 3 is unreal. To anyone still on the fence about buying it - climb over and buy it. Only two caveats to keep in mind, and I mention this in the interest of full disclosure, cause every laptop, even $$$ ones by Lenovo and Alienware, have their foibles: 1) Fan noise is loud while gaming (quiet but not silent while web browsing), and 2) Must handle with extra care. Not saying you got to handle it like crystal, just bear in mind you can't toss it around like an average notebook and expect it to hold up forever.

9. milkmansrevenge

milkmansrevenge Newbie

Reputations:
    Apologies for the slow response, busy month! After updating BIOS and other drivers I'm happy to say that the fan noise levels are now consistent when not gaming - and are an acceptable level. I wouldn't worry about 'your laptop sounds like it is going to take off!' jokes if using it around other people.

Overall I am incredibly pleased with this laptop and would recommend it to others who are looking for a similar form factor. The downsides (more than offset by how awesome everything else is): Loud fans when gaming, dreadful almost unusable touch pad, some concerns over strength of chassis when holding/picking up near the front facing optical drive.

10. Jubilee

Jubilee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, forgot about the touchpad thing. It's the buttons and tap-to-click / double-tap-to-drag functions that don't work well. Three months on and still not used to it. There was a touchpad update a month or two ago which might have improved it, but maybe not and it might have been a placebo effect.

Gigabyte is coming out with a new "Aorus" gaming line. Can't wait to see what 15" laptop is going to emerge from that line - if the P35K is great, the Aorus update is going to be superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.