new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyric

tonyric Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought two of them. One was fine and one had a 1/2 mm bend in the middle. It works great so I didn't do anything about it, just sitting ont he 5 year warranty provided for issues arising from the bent body.

2. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just doing updates I was seeing mid 60s. :'(

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

3. yung_dt

yung_dt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    60 is not hot for laptop CPUs. Fans on laptops only speed up after reaching a certain temperature (60, 65, etc.), and it's normal for the CPU temperature to rise during updates. I don't think replacing the thermal compound will have significant impact on the temperatures.

4. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well it runs hotter than my 34 gigabyte...oh well.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

5. IngloriousWho98

IngloriousWho98 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. yung_dt

yung_dt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    900:1 contrast ratio? Did Gigabyte update the displays again or is it an error in the review?

7. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone here getting random freezes?
    My son's has frozen up twice for no apparent reason...used smart update to update all drivers before this happened...

Thanks.

8. mrdbar

mrdbar Newbie

Reputations:
    Mize, since it seems like you have experience with the P34G and the P35K I was wondering if you prefer one over the other? I'm personally leaning towards the P34G just because of the overall dimensions/weight. The P35K seems like it has the edge on aesthetics and battery life though. What about performance wise? Thoughts? Thanks in advance to Mize or anyone else who might be able to answer my questions!

9. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey mrdbar. I like both. Mine is the P34G owing to my travel schedule and the massive difference between a 14" and 15.6" when trying to came in premium economy on the way to China (yes, there are AC outlets). My son's is the P35K as he does not travel but regularly goes unplugged to work on homework in a more comfortable locale (kitchen table, etc.) so the battery life is great for him. My P34G seems a bit faster, but that's because it's 100% SSDs whereas his has the 128GB OS SSD and the 1TB hard drive. I also have 16 GB as opposed to his 12 GB of RAM. If I were not traveling as much as I do I'd go P35K just for the larger screen and longer battery (and 765 vs 760).

10. mrdbar

mrdbar Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you! That was extremely informative. Last question I'll bug you about: What about fan noise? Since I'm considering bringing this into the office this might be an important consideration as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.