new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plexabit

Plexabit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Inspirion 15 7000 Series
    Inspiron 15 7000 Series Touch Screen Laptop Details | Dell

+Same GFX as XPS, Dual-Core i7 (-Less processing power, +MUCH better battery life)

HP Envy 15 Quad Edition
    HP® Official Store — Buy and Customize your ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j100 Quad Edition PC direct from HP

+Great all-around laptop, comparable processor to XPS
    - Not as good of a graphics card (Nvidia 740m) but still decent

Toshiba S55
    Amazon.com: Toshiba 15.6" i7 4700MQ 1TB 8GB WIN8 Notebooks: Computers & Accessories

+Very similar to the Envy, but cheaper
    -No touch
    -Less powerful GFX compared to XPS
    -Thicker than the Envy, but still relatively thin

These are all around or less than $1k.

You can also just install Windows on an Apple machine and just boot into Windows--A lot of people do that. But you'll still be spending $2k+ for the one with an Nvidia graphics card.

2. flamer7

flamer7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for this, the inspiron 15 7000 would be beautiful if not for the 4500U and the 2.6kg weight :/ Also the XPS 15 has 3200x1800(as well as being 2kg in weight) haha.

As for the mac, I don't think it's worth the price. It's bloody expensive!

3. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am Selling my other 4gb ram stick that came with my p35k cf2. if anyone wants to buy it. i pulled it out the first week i bought it to upgrade to 16gb.
    let me know if anyone is interested in an oem ram stick. asking price is 50$ and shipping depends on your country. i can post it on ebay if someone wants to buy it.

cheers

4. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    get a macbook and install windows on it, its pretty good for its build and gt750m graphics

5. Geedub

Geedub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know a slim blu-ray drive that will work with the P35K, I tried a Panasonic UJ141 blu-ray drive and the face plate doesn't line up properly with the Panasonic's slots for the plastic tabs that hold the faceplate onto the front of the drive.

6. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    try something like New Bluray Internal Optical Drive Dvd Rw Uj-240 Uj220 Uj235a Uj260 Uj890 Uj8b0 Ct30n Ct40n Bd-5750h Ds8a8sh - Buy Blue Ray Internal Optical Drive,Optical Drive,Blue Ray Combo Product on Alibaba.com

7. datadyne

datadyne Newbie

Reputations:
    Still waiting on my p35k to be delivevered on Monday, but saw a pretty decent alternative today.

Asus N56JR on Newegg
    Asus N56JR thread

Does anyone know anything about the N56JR? 15.6", 1080p, i7 4700HQ, and GTX760m. Based on the limited details I've found, it seems like a small step down from the P35k with a TN screen, 33mm height, and 760m, but you're gaining extra RAM, maybe better build quality, and saving $300. Might be a good alternative to the P34g, which is my runner up at the moment.

8. WafflesVape

WafflesVape Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    If you are contemplating spending between 1800-2200$ on a laptop, I think you would be much wiser to go with the new MSI GT60 2OD 3K series.
    It is ~2100$, so basically the same price as the dell XPS.
    Excpet, the xps has a 750m, whereas the GT60 has an 780m, which is almost 3x as fast as the 750m, and twice as fast as the 765m in the p35k. (It also has 4gb video ram vs 2gb on xps/p35k)
    It's really similar to both, while exceeding both at the same time, and being a much much better value. That system is a beast that will remain top of the line much longer than either of the laptops youve mentioned. It is a lot more future proof. (the lenovo y510p is an ~800$ laptop that has the same videocard 750m as the xps15, making the xps15 look that much worse of a value)
    The Asus N550jv with matte 1080p IPS screen is also around 1000$ and is very good value for your dollar; you get the nice matte ips display and the 750m videocard but at 1/2 the cost of the dell.

(I would avoid the N56, or any other laptop with a TN panel. They are inferior, and with the n550jv being an inexpensive option with an excellent display, I cannot fathom why someone would choose a low quality panel when IGZO, IPS, AHVA, PLS, etc. are superior in every way.)

9. Plexabit

Plexabit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If only they put the 760m and the black keyboard on the N550JV they would have a winner.

(With Warehouse deals on Amazon I can get a Like New N550JV with Prime for $870. Yesss!)

10. denshaSai

denshaSai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well N56JR is 6lbs while p35K is 5.07 lbs, N56JR just looks like a regular gaming laptop to me. more comparable to the gigabyte p25k
    and p34g is way lighter 3.57 lbs for the same power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.