new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zipykido

zipykido Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No thunderbolt port. They might add it for a refresh at some point but there's no port on the other side of the rubber stopper if you look at pictures of the motherboard.

Bendy problem is probably fixed to a degree in that it doesn't happen during shipping anymore. Whether it will occur during regular use is unknown.

According to people who have had the laptop so far, you're looking at 4 hours minimum if you're doing light computing with wifi on and screen brightness down.

It has 2 gigs of DDR3 ram. I remember buying a 2k laptop, one of the early Dell XPS laptops when I was younger with money I'd saved up from working jobs. In hindsight it probably would have been a better idea to build a desktop and the price was way too steep. Now of course 1.5k will get you a very nice laptop. The 750m is more than a capable chip so you should be fine depending on your gaming habits. Of course you'll probably want to upgrade in 3 years rather than 4 years with the 765m but you're still saving ~$100 a year.

2. cykes

cykes Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know the version of HDMI (1.4/1.4a)? Can it support WQHD (2560x1440) and above?
    Please excuse if someone has already confirmed this but I cannot find it anywhere. Thank you.

3. GAGE

GAGE Newbie

Reputations:
    Heard its 1.4a not sure on the WQHD but should support it, me thinks.

4. Geedub

Geedub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The 14" Razer Blade is a nice laptop but they screwed the pooch by slapping a sub par screen on it. I know first hand cause I I own one. The wash out is severe if you look at it from different angles. If I could replace the screen with something better, I'd do it in a heart beat.

5. Geedub

Geedub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where are you getting your information from? The laptop comes with 2 mSATA slots and if you want to spend the money, you can add a second mSATA card if you're not afraid of voiding the warranty by opening it and installing it yourself. Sadly that's the only upgrade you can perform as memory is soldered to the motherboard and 8GB is the limit you will have to learn to live with.

6. Dinemec

Dinemec Newbie

Reputations:
    Yea.. I have a desktop already. But I live in a dorm and it's really loud, even with liquid cooling. I'm trying to get somewhat a portable desktop replacement. But I think I might go with the macbook since it has a good resale value which I heard next year's GPU are going to be better.

7. Paper Planes Channel

Paper Planes Channel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When you install windows 7 instead of windows 8 you need to get all new drivers. My post was to provide people with a quick way to get all the drivers they need for a windows 7 install on the p35k.

8. Paper Planes Channel

Reputations:
    Oh well the built in keyboard lighting controls work fine for me. And I can use other utilities to control gpu and fans. I loathe windows 8 so there is zero chance I will be using it.

9. Paper Planes Channel

Reputations:
    my p35k is relatively silent when browsing or editing documents.

10. Paper Planes Channel

Reputations:
    If I wasn't doing high end video gaming and video editing on this laptop, I would never buy this. There are so many great looking and super light weight laptops out there for just a casual business person. If you are looking at the p35k you should be a gaming person or someone who needs the power of this laptop with its form factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.