new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlkKnight

BlkKnight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No machines are structurely different. Only the packaging

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

2. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok may i ask how is the gigabyte smart manager working ? do you have fan control, keyboard, gpu boost ?

3. doogie17

doogie17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How "hard" is to bend it then? Isn't it supposed to be in a box where it travels safe?

Is it possible to bend it with a normal-careful use? I wouldn't want to get it into my backpack and discover it got bent by just transporting it.

4. zipykido

zipykido Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't have mine yet, but from what I hear the shipping was pretty rough on the first batch. From other user reports so far the laptop is solid enough if you take good care of it. The bending and flexing was only a problem after the laptop was already compromised. Only time will tell if being gentle with it will be enough to keep it from developing the same problem that occurred when the first batch was shipped.

5. Paper Planes Channel

Paper Planes Channel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how to compare it to the way it was working with Windows 8 as I wasn't using it then. However I have the Gigabyte smart manager for windows 7 64bit and all the functions seem to work as intended. Does the smart manager control GPU boost and fans? Also how does the smart manager work with the keyboard or was that intended to be a separate question?

6. Paper Planes Channel

Paper Planes Channel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't think anyone is going to willing find the answer to this question. As consumers we wouldn't want to put our own laptop through such stress tests. So unless a manufacturer or vendor decides to do such a thing that answer will be speculative until the laptop owners start reporting back after some realistic usage. I have had mine for only a couple days, however I haven't had the need to transport it around yet.

7. Aldo38

Aldo38 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have yet another question about battery life of the P35K; now that a few real owners are using this laptop on a daily basis, could you please tell us what typical battery life you get when not heavily gaming on it? How long can you use this pc when just browsing the internet or doing some office stuff?
    Thanks!

8. windofsoccer

windofsoccer Newbie

Reputations:
    just a question, what's the point of updating driver? b/c when i did it, i did not have a good experience. e.g. like on my acer, i updated the graphic card driver, now i can't full screen my game compared to when i could before i updated the driver. also, when i updated the driver for my LAN and wireless, it slowed down my internet, e.g. comparing to the same webpages i go to, i feel that it is slower than before.

so yea what's the point?

thanks

9. Aldo38

Aldo38 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    how much noise is the p35k emitting when not gaming (web browsing or office work)? Does it sometimes get completely silent? and when not silent is it quite loud?
    cheers

10. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yeah like you cant control the fans, keyboard lighting, and gpu boost as shown in this picture for windows 8.
    thats why i went back to windows 8 cause some functions are gone
    41.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.