new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWTT

IWTT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So will there be any videos of handling or flex on a flat surface of this laptop? Maybe something to help consumer who are on the fence to buy this?

2. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have no fear I got the laptop today from gentech and All I could say is I'm way too impressed, on my way home now. Here is a sneak peak till I get home image.jpg .'ll show you guys all the pictures and packaging and performance. This laptop is amazing!!!!

3. Retroceded

Retroceded Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you have low expectations on something, you are going to be impressed.

edwardamin13 and GeorgiE like this.
  4. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    I agree with you, but this is no macbook aluminum you have to understand. It actually is pretty tough. Idk what people were complaining about. I held it from one hand in the middle and the corner and it was pretty rigid and good. I been carying it in the bag all day and bumping into people and it seems to be doing well

5. Tarwater

Tarwater Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody! Whiteboyshady could you please post some pics of your laptop and tell if you can see any improvement in the structure.
    I was going to buy this laptop today from overclockers uk but i decided not to do it until someone says how it feels in a daily use, i would like to know if it is too weak for carrying all day in a backpack. Thank you all! Great and huuuge post btw ;)

6. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,
    here is my experience with the p35k so far considering I had it just this morning and using it the past 3 hours only.

So first of all I want to thank Gentech PC for getting this laptop in perfect condition and one piece, thanks to there awesome packaging its actually really effective and the box didn't even have a scratch on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok as for the laptop itself...... oh boy where do I start haha
    Lets start with the good. The screen is amazing, the viewing angle and clarity of the pixels is unreal! bright and colourfull

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The keyboard is nice and firm, it isn't lose or anything. types well and looks nice even the backlit is nice.
    the gpu and cpu are very lovely,
    the track pad, idk who said its not good its actually very responsive and nice to use.
    battery is amazing it lasted me 4.5-5 hours with high brightness and normal internet surfing.
    weight is good, can be carried easily.
    msata makes it really fun and nice to use, waiting isn't even a word to this laptop. and whoever said from boot to desktop is 9 seconds is a lie its actually from sleep mode 9 seconds but from complete shutdown its 16 seconds.
    ok and now the bad which I really hated.....
    speaker are by all means crap maybe for ants its good, I had to download audio dfx enhancer to make them good
    the cd drive is loud.
    usb connections are so tight! I feel like im gonna break it.
    other than that its nice

gaming is pretty good on the laptop, anything 2011 and under can be played maxed out at 1080p with no problem
    2012 and up you can play it at max but 720p some games 1080p but by 720 I mean battlefield, crysis resident evil 6.

the build quality is great but not the best but honestly I see no probem using it everyday. just don't take out the hdd if you move a lot, because I noticed when I lift it with one had from the middle the hdd holds it in place.... I had the laptop on me all day in the bag with books and school stuff and it survived even tho it got a few bumps it survived

[​IMG]

if you have any questions ask
    I would give this laptop an 8/10 honestly. cause of those stupid speakers lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edwardamin13 and TonyBologna like this.
  7. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    And I have a question for you guys... is it possible that the paint can chip off the aluminum of the laptop ?

8. joalfiro

joalfiro Newbie

Reputations:
    Congratulations for your new toy.... I have a question for you... what about of noise and temperature with a demanding game? too loud ? too hot?

I need a little help, I´m looking for a new laptop and I like a lot p35k, but i want to buy a more powerful option (a long term option) like p25w. What do you think about these options? what do you recommend me (pros & cons)?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

9. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    I am not gonna lie but when you game specially with 1080p its roaring.... you need headphones to ignore the noise....

10. WafflesVape

WafflesVape Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am sort of in a similar situation. I have been really looking forward to the p35k for the past few months, it really offers a lot of things that haven't been available on the market from other companies. That having been said, it seems like there have been too many delays, too many things comings up short (displayport,etc.), and a chassis that doesnt inspire confidence. It is an admirable effort in many ways, and I'm sure some will still choose it due to its thin, lightweight, and attractive design. I think I would prefer to have a bit more future-proofing in the performance area and dont mind a bit thicker and heavier build, so I think I will likely go with the new MSI GT60 refresh. the 780m version (2OD) is already available for ~2100$ with a 2880x1620 resolution and 780m 4gb, etc. The 770m (2OC) version should be available shortly and Im guesstimating it will be in the ~1700$ range. They support 3 external displays, but it is a semiglossy display versus matte.
    I think for this holiday season we'll be seeing more new 1440p+ offerings.
    Good luck on your choice

bberry110 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.