new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retroceded

Retroceded Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, I feel like I need to say that you should not expect 40 FPS on Ultra while playing BF4.

All my settings are on HIGH and my highest FPS are around 80 FPS, and my lowest are 35. The mean average on high was 45 FPS

On Ultra I get 55 FPS max, 20 Low, mean average 30 FPS.
    I consider this unplayable due to video lag.

So yeah it might be playable on some maps with no action happening, but Battlefield isn't known for that.

Keep in mind I have a GTX770m and that the GTX765m performance should be similar but differ by 3-7 FPS.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    GenTechPC likes this.
  2. zipykido

zipykido Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    20 FPS constantly would be close to unplayable but not nearly that bad. Movies are played in 24 fps and generally 30 fps is considered smooth. Between 60 and 120 fps you might notice a bit of a difference, things will be smoother but the difference isn't that great. Also you're recording which would tick off a couple of fps. Also you might be running different driver version than: Battlefield 4 - Nvidia GTX 765M 2GB - Ultra Settings 1080P 40FPS+ (on the Gigabyte P35K) - YouTube

Although that video above doesn't see much action so who knows what it'd be like in heavy frame rendering situations. The 770m is obviously more powerful than the 765m by a noticeable margin but I wouldn't give up hope that it could run BF4 on ultra smoothly.

3. dalingrin

dalingrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I genuinely feel sorry for you that you think 30 fps is considered smooth for an FPS. I consider 40-60 to be bare minimum that's enjoyable. Any lower and the latency will be high enough to be frustrating.
    24 fps film cannot be compared to a video game. Each frame in a game is a discrete image. Each frame on film is blurred. Think of it in terms of pausing, if you pause a game the screen will be a perfectly frozen snapshot with no blurring. Pausing a movie as we all know will have motion blur.

The GTX765m can play BF4 without major issues just don't expect to play on Ultra @1080.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

4. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks for the video :). don't expect BF4 with 60+ fps average with ultra mode not even with GTX780M.

Also here is the shipment update for P35K-CF1: it's coming today (11/12/2013) and just like CF2, it will be only with repackaging version. we will still inspect every unit before ship to customers.

5. BlkKnight

BlkKnight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi GenTechPC

Will you be doing your "Bending Video" without the centre support?

Jason

6. soft

soft Newbie

Reputations:
    That is incorrect, all film frames are single standalone frames, what you have seen is a MPEG encoded version of a film, that will "blur" during encoding.

7. Chyl

Chyl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's happening!!!!! :D

8. zipykido

zipykido Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Perception of smoothness varies from person to person so I'm sorry my eyes aren't super good like yours but I do consider 30 fps to be smooth. I'm sure your ears are superior and can hear the difference between uncompressed FLAC files and 320 kbps mp3's as well. Brains will adjust to various framerates though, so a constant framerate is usually more important than super high ones after about 24 fps. I agree that you do need the higher framerates in first person shooters, but 30 fps is already 33 ms between frames, which is much faster than the average human reaction time already. Anybody buying this laptop expecting it to run BF4 on ultra with high fps is in the wrong market, it's just nice to know that it CAN play BF4 on ultra in any capacity.

[​IMG]

Chyl likes this.
  9. David7

David7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    They're hereeee....

10. Le Tunop

Le Tunop Newbie

Reputations:
    Received my P35K CF1 finally. Awesome laptop except that there appears to be a 1-2mm gap between the bottom section and the lid caused by some bowing round the ODD. There is also a rattling sound in the left which is noticeable since the right fan doesn't make this noise. I'm pretty sure this laptop is second batch since I purchased it from OCUK only 1 week ago.

Anyone else have these issues and do you think its worth RMAing it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.