new Gigabyte P35K

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by [-Mac-], Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spicypixel

spicypixel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thunderbolt confirmed ditched again?

2. Retroceded

Retroceded Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Gigabyte, I am wondering will the P35K still be released with the thunderbolt port? from the pictures of the official site it seems the thunderbolt is removed....that is an important buying factor for me...
    Like · · Yesterday at 5:52am near Taipei, Taiwan
    Top Comments

GIGABYTE NB Hi Hank. Just confirmed this. The Thunderbolt has been removed from the P35K.

This is from GIGABYTES NB facebook page.

3. screech113

screech113 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. Retroceded

Reputations:
    I found a Chinese review of the laptop, pretty good news if true.
    GIGABYTE P35K

- Battery lasts about FOUR hours and 18 minutes while watching 720p video, 1.5 more hours than the P2542G

-The Thunder Bolt port will still be there, but with a rubber stopper.

Game Benches?
    P35K in 1920 x 1080 resolutions, "to 197.2 and 110.03 medals complete Street Fighter IV with Biohazard 5 test, if all effects to the highest, and on high-quality CASS 16x, there 96.3 and 57.07 of the performance, and the performance is quite good."

-Temperature wont affect keyboard

The biggest con is the keyboard due to flexing, but they also said "but fortunately commercial aircraft manufacturers said the problem will be corrected for bending". So whatever that means... (fixed?)

And whatever this means...
    " real speakers are measured in the fuselage beneath the front left and right, especially that, P35K laptop also has a generally uncommon buzzer."

TLDR
    Pros: excellent storage expandability
    Cons: Keyboard feel bad

*I just googled translated it, feel free to chime in if you actually can read chinese.

5. zalcorus

zalcorus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice find!

It's probably an early version, with the same keyboard flexing that some previewers noticed at Computex.

I'm guessing the "uncommon buzzer" is actually supposed to be the subwoofer, which is uncommon in notebooks?

6. Retroceded

Reputations:
    I had my friend translate that part for me personally.

He said "It means that it doesn't have the buzzing sound of normal speakers", aka they aren't crappy speakers.

7. denshaSai

denshaSai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From the review it says the 'thunderbolt is optional, but currently have a rubber in place because it is a prototype'

so it may mean that there is still a possibility of thunderbolt, but don't know if available with the initial release

8. TheHeinz

TheHeinz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there,
    I'm very interested in the P35K. Just wanted to buy an Ativ Book 7 (not only of the huge 90 WHr battery and the resulting 10hrs of office work).
    But then I saw the Gigabyte and... well... this is way cooler ;)
    As I heard so far, there are to mSATA slots available. Does anybody know whether RAID is possible or not?
    The chinese review is nice, as far as google translator managed to get it right (to translate into german). I didn't find a thing whether the P35K could be upgraded easy or not. I saw the picture with the RAM slots which seems to be accessable quite easy. But what about the mSATA and the HDD slots? Anybody can find something about that?

Thanks

9. denshaSai

denshaSai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    raid 0 on the two mSata is definitely doable as said in the product specification page.
    From the article it seems tosay you need take the whole back cover off to access th msata slots

10. TheHeinz

TheHeinz Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot,
    you are right. After you told me I found the specs on their product page... sorry.
    I hope taking the backcover off isn't difficult as it is with the Samsung Ativ Book 7. Heard creepy things about people ripped apart their backcover, trying to change the HDD with a SSD :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.