NEW Gigabyte P34 V2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by IKAS V, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I carry mine in the soft sleeve ll the time and it's fine in my opinion. The sleeve is sturdy enough to be safe but it will not resist bending or impacts so if that is your usage scenario then you will need a hard case.

2. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    New video is up now :D

Hope you guys like it; took a really long time to create/edit/render/upload ;)

lcxli likes this.
  3. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Sebi and thanks for your gameplay video,

jup, it really took a very long time especially considering that you announced them over three weeks ago... Was a hard waiting time... Just kidding. :p :D Very nice, to finally see your results.

Only thing that i missed in your video is a comparison between OC and stock. Of course that wouldn't make sense on BF 4 Multiplayer, but as you said that you're going to make more vids:

Could you maybe choose one sector of a level in a single player game (Far cry 3, crysis 3...) and just run from your chosen start point some hundred meters to a target point, monitoring the min, avg and max fps (just like notebookcheck does it's game benchmarks) and doing that once with stock and once with your OC?
    Don't know if shadowplay can record min, avg and max fps? If not, Fraps could do this without hitting frame rate, as that only occurs by videorecording with it)

That would be most interesting to see what the actual differences are, especially in terms of min and avg fps, as the 870m still seems to have the advantage of higher min fps, which of course aren't unimportant.

To me personally i especially would like to ask for Crysis 3 as in ephesix's video his fps surprised me quite a bit...
    He explained that here and i know that Crysis 3 is a very very demanding game and maybe i had wrong expectations, but if you could reproduce notebookcheck's benchmark sequence (check out the video) once with stock clocks and once with your OC monitoring your min, max and avg fps both times, that would be very appreciated.. :)

Liked and subscribed ;)

4. nekromantik

nekromantik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just ordered one with base configuration so no ssd and 2gb vram. Can you buy a plate for 2.5" ssd to replace the DVD drive?
    Kinda worried I made a mistake, hearing a lot of people saying it has bad build quality and is noisy with flexy keyboard.

5. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This laptop doesn't have a DVD drive.

6. pmania

pmania Newbie

Reputations:
    Awesome video man. I will be purchasing one of these in the next week or two along with a monitor to game on or use for school. Do you have any recommendations for an external monitor. Preferably a larger display.

7. Invention

Invention Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys I am a student looking to purchase a slim laptop.

I am soon going to purchase this laptop but I had a few questions.

I am going to be purchasing the one with the largest battery, so battery life (14.8V, 63.64Wh) will be improved. I dont really game too hard but once in a while I like to play games. Are the fans really that loud when just browsing the web etc? I dont want people to be bothered in lecture halls/library. Would there be a better choice for me instead?

Thank you for your answers :)

ALSO:

How much difference is 14.8V, 63.64Wh vs 15.2V, 61.25Wh?
    and is not having a 2.5' drive a really big deal? Thanks

8. nekromantik

nekromantik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh Scan might have wrong spec listed then.
    Means I cant use the 2.5" SSD I bought unless I replace the HDD in it which I need. Guess I better guy a mSATA drive and return the 2.5".
    Thanks

9. patchseven

patchseven Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I do not believe the options for larger batteries are readily available, so you may not have the choice that you want. All shipped units worldwide that I have seen have had the 47 wh battery.

The only version with the 61.25wh battery appears to be the rebranded, XMG C404.

I have not seen the extended 63.64wh battery (which assumably extends its length to block the 2.5" drive) in any actually shipped units, only on the gigabyte specifications page.

The best option would obviously be the 61.25 version, which appears to leave the 2.5" drive accessible, but without purchasing the rebranded XMG version of the device there does not currently appear to be any way to get your hands on either of the larger capacity batteries.

10. lcxli

lcxli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I repasted with IC Diamond 7 last night, results 5~6'C dropped~ Very satisfied ^_^
    And took few photos when repasting:

[​IMG]

Sebi97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.