NEW Gigabyte P34 V2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by IKAS V, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajvitaly

ajvitaly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can any owners tell me if the bios has an option to disable hyperthreading?

2. trambler101

trambler101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just re-pasted my CPU and GPU with Arctic MX-4, and am now getting 4-5C lower temperatures compared to stock paste. I am also able to undervolt the CPU with Intel XTU by -80mV - any more, and it blue-screens.

One of the fans was making terrible noises when the laptop was tilted, but I gently bent the fan casing to give the blades more clearance and it's fine now.

3. Laptopnub

Laptopnub Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have read all 92 pages of this thread, and really would like to buy a P34v2. probably from Xoticpc.
    I have a few questions for you owners. As stated in my Name, I am a LaptopNub...so I really don't want to have to open the unit for any mods. I just want the system to ready to go. I am aware that these upgrades are not cheap. If I have MISSED anything you feel is a MUST....example upgraded warranty, pixel warranty etc.... please let me know. Thank you for all your help and I really appreciate these forums and the people who post and reply.

1. Repaste with IC Diamond - Yes

2. Ram (Stock is 8GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-812P] (Memory (1x8GB SODIMM)) Should I get the Upgrade to (16GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-818EP] (Dual Channel Memory (2x8GB SODIMMS)????

3. SDD (Stock 128GB Solid State Drive mSATA) Upgrade to >>250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series Solid State mSATA ????

4. HDD - (Stock 1TB 5400RPM (SATA II - 3GB/s) ) Upgrade to 750GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache (SATA II - 3GB/s) or something else????

5 Remove Unwanted Bloatware? No clue if i should keep the defaut selection (Keep factory installed operating system ) or Choose >> Clean Windows Installation (Install drivers only - no bloatwares) (For factory installed OS only, not required if OS upgrade is selected) ????

6.System Recovery BackUp - Yes / No - Yes, please create a Windows 8.1 32GB USB Drive manufacturer factory backup recovery????

Thanks again for anyone who replies

4. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1. Yes, go for it. It is fairly easy though to re-paste yourself though- check my video out :)
    2. Don't upgrade the RAM yet. This is a super easy upgrade you can definitely do yourself with RAM you might find at a good price on sale. Also, you might not even need more than 8gb... (I do heavy gaming and I never find myself needing more)
    3. Optional: Here is what I would do: leave it stock BUT have the HDD removed (will be 40$ cheaper). When you get it, place this in the HDD bay. Easy upgrade :)
    4. See above; essentially we are keeping the stock mSATA and putting a ssd in the SATA
    5. No... Definitely not. This laptop comes with minimal bloatware anyway; you can uninstall yourself if you really need too. (most of the stuff it comes with (such as smart manager) are actually really handy)
    6. No, no point in my opinion. You could always get a cheap 10$ 16gb USB to move the recovery partition off of the mSATA to the USB

Hope that helped :)

5. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Sebi97,

unfortunately i don't really know something about your problem, but i did some researching for you.

What was remarkable is, that when you start typing in google "directx out of..." google already shows you requests like "directx out of memory error" or even "directx out of memory BF4". So that doesn't seem to be a rare error and additionally doesn't seem to depend on gaming per hdmi on an external monitor as i guess you assumed...? :D

Maybe not so worthful information, but that said, i hope/think there should be more than enough information to find.

In one forum i found that statement. Maybe that already works for you...?

Hope this helps. :)

6. chris_laptopfan

Reputations:
    Ha, ha :D Ok, that was a misunderstanding. It's more about on what base you get 5 fps more though. If we are talking about 25 without and 30 with the OC, it's a nice slight increase in performance. On for example around 40 vs 45 it's insiginificant of course... :D
    What percentage improvement would you estimate? Around 15% or so?

When do you think your first vids will be up? Can't wait for them. :D

7. Sebi97

Reputations:
    Thanks for your help- this issue was only when using a second monitor so it was definitely weird. I've managed to fix the problem though :) I've removed any low-memory monitoring by windows. The risk with this is windows will not tell you when low on RAM- it will simply crash. However, with 12gb of RAM this should not matter.... Here is how I removed the low memory monitoring:

After this; no more errors :)

8. Sebi97

Reputations:
    I've also just received this cooling mat; temperatures dropped about 4 degrees on GPU; but here is the most important part. The laptop bottom felt cool to touch which is EXTREMELY important. Many people look only on die temperatures; when something fails it is usually a capacitor or other "minor" part. The cooling pad shouldn't be seen as just lowering GPU/CPU temp by 5 degrees but rather keeping the overall temperature of the laptop lower; crucial for the longevity of the laptop.

9. Sebi97

Reputations:
    Question to owners: How many tile rows do you have? I'm trying to get 6 to show but only have 4 :(

Here is an example with 4
    Here is an example with 6

10. chris_laptopfan

Reputations:
    Are you going to make clear in your videos when showing temps if this is with or without cooling pad?
    Are you still on auto fan or did you change to turbo fan because of overclocking/overvolting and therefore higher temps? Btw. how big is the difference in temps between auto and turbo?

Great, mate. :) Looking very forward to them :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.