NEW Gigabyte P34 V2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by IKAS V, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave1986

dave1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep, 5.2.4 now shows up as the latest version on Smart Update.

Also a heads up to anyone planning on updating their Smart Manager: These two versions (5.2.4 & 5.2.9) caused an odd bug where my laptop will show the "Shutting down" window, then the screen goes black, but the laptop won't shut down completely. (WiFi, Bluetooth, Battery and Power indicators always on), and I have to force (power button long press) the laptop to shut down.

I uninstalled Smart Manager and the problem is gone.

2. Kleiny

Kleiny Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think it is advised to rely on the Smart Manager version listed on the P34G V2's download page. No issue encountered so far with the 5.13 version.

3. dave1986

dave1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not sure about that. The P34W v5 page for example shows Smart Manager v5.4.7 (here) which isn't listed in Smart Update for P34G v2 owners. So what shows in Smart Update on the P34G v2 is probably intended for us to use.

I think they just broke something. But I'll download 5.13 anyway cuz I like the fan controls :)

4. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I emailed Gigabyte expressing my frustration with the locked BIOS limiting the GPU overclock potential. I got an email back saying they forwarded my email to the proper department. We'll see how hat happens.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Aaaand it's a dead end.

"Mr. Vince,

Our notebooks do not have overclocking functions for the CPU or GPU in the BIOS. We do not support overclocking so you would need to experiment with third party software tools at you own risk. Thank you."

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6. Comp625

Comp625 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm still on Windows 8.1. Did you (or anyone else) experience any other issues with going to Windows 10?

7. Kleiny

Kleiny Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No issues for me. I think it is safe to make the jump.

8. asimj289

asimj289 Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't know if anyone has had this problem. Pretty sure my battery is swelling up. The case where the battery sits is bending and deforming, yesterday bottom left of the case opened. It's around 15 months old and it still has the 2 year global warranty. I'm calling Gigabyte support tomorrow to see what can I do, I'm located in Sydney. Anyone had experience with Gigabyte Australia? I'm not sure what's going to happen, and hopefully they help me.

9. cEvin_K

cEvin_K Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi all, just a quick one, is it possible to buy somewhere palmrest and base plastic for P34g V2? Just bought 2nd hand one and the previous owner upgrade msata ssd but probably he didnt know what is he doing and on 1 corner the hole for screw is too big and the bolt on palmrest is broken... well i can glue it, but just in the case.. I am in UK. otherwise nice little machine:)

10. cEvin_K

cEvin_K Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Update: ive sorted out the parts for my P34g V2.. but just wondering, on most reviews i've read that the display is matte.. but mine is glossy? what make is yours display? mine is
    MONITOR\LGD03FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.