NEW Gigabyte P34 V2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by IKAS V, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leozord

leozord Newbie

Reputations:
    Dota 2 and CS:GO

Everything is on SSD (Windows, my home folder with documents, Steam etc)

Do you think it is a problem related to games using Source engine?

I don't remember if I had problems using it on Blizzard games. I will try (when my laptop arrives from maintenance... again)

2. aldridhl

aldridhl Newbie

Reputations:
    I use Case Logic 14" notebook sleeve. It seems to work well, better protection than the stock gigabyte sleeve

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-LAPS-114-14-Inch-Laptop/dp/B004NY9UWI

3. dave1986

dave1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I'm experiencing battery issues. BatteryInfoViewer says my wear level is at 78.5%.

Did anyone ever find out a place selling batteries for this laptop?

Thanks.

4. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check with your reseller, they can likely order a battery for you from gigabyte (as long as gigabyte plays nice). May require that they or an authorized service center put it in. If your reseller is no help, possibly look for a gigabyte authorized service center close and give them a call.

5. dave1986

Reputations:
    Thanks Alex.

There's actually a Gigabyte service center where I live, and they said they can order a battery from Gigabyte (China) for me (they don't have these batteries in stock here).

Unfortunately, to do so they said I have to leave my laptop in the service center, and it could take weeks for the battery to arrive. That's not an option, so they gave me some guy's email address from Gigabyte in China to find out if he can help. I sent him an email asking if I can order a battery directly from Gigabyte in China, but he hasn't replied yet.

Will update.

6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Good Luck! I believe the issue is just that it is an internal battery so providing parts for and warranty'ing by a "non licensed" service center could cause issues.

Could they just order the battery with payment for the battery then keep your laptop only while they put the new battery in and not while waiting for the battery to come from china? o_O

7. dave1986

Reputations:
    Well that was easy!

The Gigabyte rep replied and was super nice. He asked for my SN and said he'll ship the battery asap to the service center where I live, and that they will contact me when it arrives so I can come over and they will replace the battery (he also cc'd some guy from the service center here to make sure it happens so that's cool).

Hopefully this really is that easy. Also I'm not sure whether I'll have to pay for this. He didn't say anything about it. Hopefully I won't have to as my warranty is still valid.

Edit: Oh and to answer your question Alex, I didn't think about asking about paying and waiting. But seems unnecessary now (keeping my fingers crossed). Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Even better! Let us know how it all works out!

9. dave1986

Reputations:
    So battery arrived a few days ago and I had it installed today.

BatteryInfoView shows its wear level at about 97%. I was freaked out but then I realized it must mean it has gone down from no wear at all (100%) to almost no wear (97%). So my previous battery's wear level was actually 20%, not 80%. Still developers chose to name it "Battery Wear Level: %". Odd choice of words. And indeed BatteryCare shows my new battery's wear level at 3%.

10. Comp625

Comp625 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have the Windows 10 bugs/quirks been resolved? E.g. Someone mentioned about a "wake" bug where the wakes itself a few minutes after Sleep Mode (and possibly Cortana driving that bug)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.