NEW Gigabyte P34 V2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by IKAS V, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave1986

dave1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well crap (or should I say good no need to spend those extra bucks).

Can anyone who owns the 61.25 battery confirm?

Edit: This is actually very odd. They say the larger battery is actually worse. Maybe they got a lemon? Take a look at their benchmarks:

P34G v2, 47.73 battery:

p34gv2battery.jpg

C404, 61.25 battery:

c404battery.jpg

2. onkelosuppo

onkelosuppo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is definitely something wrong with their testing sample. Later this year mysn will also have replacement batteries in stock. I will get one and I do expect more battery life. ;)

3. Addsome

Addsome Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There is way more battery life on the 61.25 Wh version. Check some European reviews about the CF4 model and you will see they have something like 7-8 hours runtime listed. I have the 61.25 Wh version and can say that it lasts 7ish hours light usage. My guess is that the C404 somehow uses more battery than the P34Gv2.

4. dave1986

dave1986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think this is unlikely since the C404 is essentially identical to the P34G v2, just rebranded. There were a few differences though, but I don't think these were enough to explain their odd findings. The P34G v2 sample they tested had a 4700HQ CPU, 1 stick of 8GB RAM, a Liteonit 128GB SSD mSATA, and a WD 1TB 5400RPM HDD. The C404 on the other hand had a 4710HQ CPU, 2 sticks of 4GB RAM, a Crucial M550 128GB SSD mSATA, and a Seagate Momentus 500GB 5400RPM HDD. I think the screens were different as well (AUO B140HAN01.1 vs. AUO AUO113D).

But anyway good to know you're having more luck with the 61.25 battery.

5. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    its clear that notebook check screwed up the tests as usual.

and does anyone knows where to buy those in france with the US international keyboard or the UK one?

I found that amazon sells the CF1 model, but Im interested in the CF6 and will buy the SSD separate, the price they are asking for the CF4 is outrageous.

So far my choice has been to order from amazon uk and ship to france

and yes I can't use azerty keyboards.

and I won't order from mysn because them my warranty would be with them only and not gigabyte, not that they actually have them to order anyway

6. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi guys

We don't want to say that notebookcheck has made an error here, they are after all an independant review website and we respect their impartiality.

However, their battery results:

1/ do not make sense on a fundamental level in that the 61.26Wh battery does give bettery battery life, this is an un-arguable fact!

2/ our internal testing shows that the battery life of the C404 with 61.25Wh battery is roughly the same as what they have quoted for the lower capacity battery.

It looks a little like they have the results mixed up, where the 47.73 results are showing in the C404 and the 61.25 results are showing in the P34 - as members have said on this thread already the results do not make sense.

We will be in touch with notebookcheck to clarify the results, because they are definitely not in keeping with what we have seen and they don't make sense from a purely logical point of view either!

Karamazovmm - if you go to mysn.eu and then click on the French flag it will take you to our French language website (sorry but I can't link directly to it due to notebookreview reseller rules). You can choose the UK keyboard on here under "Clavier" - if there is an option that you can't find then please contact info@mysn.eu and one of our French (or international speaking) sales representatives will get back to you as quickly as possible with a solution for you.

Our warranty is Europe wide collect and return, meaning we pay for the shipping, parts and labour. We have two dedicated RMA centres in Europe (one in Germany and the other in the UK) providing quick and reliable turnarounds for warranty cases!

7. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    thanks mysn the problem here is that I do live in brazil, and simply my father is going to take a trip up north to visit some relatives, which means the shipping will be quite high for issues involving the notebook. And yes I had already checked the mysn.eu site and saw the option to configure several types of keyboards. Thanks for the response!

and regarding the battery test, they have screwed up somewhere. however that shouldn't be what happened, given that the previous review was released a long time ago. They probably botched it by leaving something on that consumes a lot power. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense at all. Specially if you check the previous reviews with the large battery, with the 63wh

8. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can any of the owners of this machine tell me. How much is the wear level of the battery in your laptop?

9. lcxli

lcxli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    3% (by HWmonitor) from day one, and haven't been changed after 3 months time

10. _Dami1_

_Dami1_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The C404 review is now properly translated in English : Schenker C404 Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

It seems like notebookcheck test was done right. The larger battery on the C404 simply does not provide additional runtime since the computer uses more power. Could this be fixed by changing settings ? Right now I'm simply thinking on buying the P34G v2. Then, later on buy a larger battery to replace the small one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.