New Gigabyte P25W (GTX 770M)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Benmaui, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sefiror

Sefiror Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. BlkKnight

BlkKnight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Everything is user upgradable except the CPU & GPU - both are covered with "warranty stickers" - so you can't repaste.

Yes those will fit. I've opted for 2 x Plextor M5M's - they seem to be one of the better bang for buck drives.

The Memory in the laptop isn't that quick. As long as it's DDR3 1600 it'll be fine.

Windows 7 installed really easily - I installed the wireless drivers off the CD and for the rest through Live Update. Then updated the nvidea drivers from them

The only issue I has was getting SmartManager to work - it needed some c++ libraries to run properly. These needed to be installed from M$

3. Sefiror

Reputations:
  4. BlkKnight

Reputations:
  5. BlkKnight

Reputations:
    IMAG0374.jpg

In terms of maintenance, it seems really well thought out.

One screw removed a large portion of the back panel so you can access both mSATA, the HDD & RAM.

Note the warranty stickers on the heat-syncs

6. Sefiror

Reputations:
    Can you plz weigh the notebook and tell me how heavy it is?
    Officially its 2.8kg but i think thats quite heavy and in a review i read 2.5kg

7. GeorgiE

GeorgiE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    world is coming to an end it seems..now 2,8kg are to much for a human to carry?,,yeah, if u're going to marathon maybe will slow u down with some seconds but regardless of that, you think u are able to feel the 300gr difference? go to gym and put some muscles on you..i'm a girl and carry a 3gk+ laptop every time is needed without those complaining seen on almost all forums like "2.8 kg it's quite heavy"..more and more snobs are evolving.. -.-

8. Sefiror

Reputations:
    you are absolutly right that 2,8kg is light i you just carry it a short distance in your rucksack every now and then.
    you just dont consider how other pl are using their laptop.

But i have it in my rucksack nearly every day and i have to walk ALOT when i use it!
    also the weigh adds up 1,5l waterbottle + notebook + books and that is standard for me.
    so i'm trying to cut it down as best as i can (lighter notebook, fewer books, take a sip more out of the bottle ;) ...)

also i'm on the edge between the p25w and the p34g and there is quite a difference (~1,7kg to 2,5-2,8kg) but i rly want to know how much

if you dont believe me take your backpack but 2-3 1,5l bottles of water in it and go for a walk for atleast 5 hours then come back and tell me how you feel...

is also has nothing to do with muscles... i can assure you that! i'm quite athletic and do workout quite often...

its about your back and it can rly mess up your back if you have that weight on your back ~8h a day.
    its like working/playing/browsing infront of your pc/notebook for 8h with a bad posture.
    maybe you wont recognice it now, maybe just every now and then but you can be sure if you always have always a bad posture you WILL recognice it in the next 10 years, tops!

nevertheless actually i'm also rly interrested in the weight because i want to know whats true!
    its like not knowing if it has a 770m or a 765m in it. the difference is negligible for me but its ~1400€ and i want to know what i pay for...

edit: @BlkKnight thanks all the infos above! much appreciated!!!

9. eville

eville Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please Delete

10. Retroceded

Retroceded Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I left my laptop running over night and my temps have shot up 5*C.

I guess I broke in the thermal paste, I may repaste if I can get the warranty stickers off w/ out visual damage :p

Lowest temp now is 45*C Highest Temp 91*C { Was 40/85}

Edit:
    Well you can certainly get more than 4 hours of battery on this laptop. With moderate use.

Just got back from the community laundry center and I still have 55% Battery left, I came in at 9:10 and Left at 11:26, in total 2 Hours and 16 minutes.

I was doing homework via the web and my brightness was around 30% -40% [I kept adjusting it]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.