New generation of CPU and Super GPU Notebooks are coming?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Franky Jain, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Franky Jain

Franky Jain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am working from home now due to the Coronavirus pandemic, But my old HP laptop seems not suitable for my current job anymore, I went to a retail shop for asking a good performance laptop to buy and they told me that the next gen CPU+GPU laptops are coming in Apr, however, according to the sales guy not every brands will be ready in first wave of launch but only MSI and Gigabyte are ready, should I wait for it? anyone know about more details of those new gen of CPU+Super GPU laptops' differences?

2. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In terms of performance, the super GPUs won't offer very much, maybe just 10~15% more (if even that, I'd say that's probably optimistic).

The new gaming laptop CPUs from Intel are almost certainly not going to offer very much performance increase, probably just a few percentage points, if you're comparing similar core/thread parts.

From AMD there'll be the new 4000-series mobile chips that look promising and are far better than the 3000-series, but I wouldn't upgrade to one from, say, an 8750H.

One thing I'm more interested in with the new laptops is screens and if they implement mux switches and allow for adaptive sync than the CPU/GPU upgrades.

3. Jupiter0401

Jupiter0401 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: