New DV6500T - Are you buying or waiting?

Discussion in 'HP' started by weiser701, May 17, 2007.

?

Let's assume you want to purchase a dv6500t. Which best describes your position?

1. I'm a gamer and I NEED a discrete graphics card, so I'm waiting

37 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Integrated graphics just doesn't cut it, regardless if you're a gamer or not

51 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. I'm waiting for other reasons. The graphics card isn't an issue

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. The GMA X3100 is better than the GMA 950, so I'll give it a shot.

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weiser701

weiser701 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Let's assume you want to purchase a dv6500t. Which best describes your position?

2. Xstation

Xstation Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am one that is waiting...

3. R4000

R4000 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm on the fence about it. Don't know whether to wait for the new or buy the old........................

4. weiser701

Reputations:
    as for me, i would prefer a discrete card, but i'm in a position where i need to purchase NOW if i'm going to purchase from HP at all. i currently have the Go 7400 in my dv6000t, but i'm having to return it. also, i'm not a gamer so i think the X3100 will be just fine for my needs. plus, i'm hoping to save batter life, which for me, probably outweighs the benefits a discrete card would give me in regards to graphics power.

5. dgcoupe

dgcoupe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just purchased my 2500t i was going to go with the 6500 but i figured i needed a smaller one to bring aroudn with me, nvidia card is around the corner in june but i don't need it as i am not a gamer.

6. weiser701

Reputations:
    just curious as to why most feel the integrated card isn't satisfactory for average tasks (no gaming). i don't know about this stuff, so i'm genuinely curious. if i get better battery life from it, it seems that would outweigh the performance advantages from a discrete card. then again...i don't know much :p

7. Playmaker88

Playmaker88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well i returned a dv9000 and even though im not a gamer im going to wait till the june laptops with the other graphics card.... i really am dying for it to come out..the day it drops i will definently get the the dv9500...By the way i can be convinced.. should i by this one now or wait.........ahhh i miss my dv 9000

8. weiser701

Reputations:
    i'd probably wait if i were buying a 17" model since it would be more of a desktop replacement than a portable machine. i don't think too many people buying dv9000's have battery life as their biggest concern. a 17" is likely to be used for more graphic and video editing type jost so you might as well opt for the better graphics performance.

as for me. i'm not a gamer and i'd prefer any more battery life i can get. i have the go 7400 right now with a dv6000t and i probably don't need it. it's not exactly a beast of a gpu anyway. then again, if the discrete option were available right NOW, i bet i'd still end up going that route, lol.

9. Fant

Fant Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you guys with dv6000t and the go 7400 really playing games on your laptops?

10. msindi

msindi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not a gamer here but you need discrete graphics card for overall performance IMO (and Vista score LOL)

I like the new HDX but it is too big and heavy...if they had a 15 or 17" version of that I'd wait for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.