New Dell XPS L521X (Ivy Bridge)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by htrex, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewur

ewur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, then "Studio XPS"? And there are countless of others "gorgeous/superb" and so on words to add with characters "XPS" or without. But not just XPS, especially when supposedly new Inspiron line is now successor of old XPS (Bill, isnt it a little bit too messy?:confused:). And so rename the new Inspiron then "Inspiron XPS"? I have seen old Inspirons in e-shops called "Inspiron XPS":D ...
    About Adamo - it wasnt a bad laptop, especially for "average user", who arent interested in gameing and similar activities and are atracted moustly with look and pricecheck (same with new XPS!). And they are majority of consumers. Look at Adamos score on notebookcheck.net (13" 86% and 15" 83%; for comparison L502X 84%). Why it was "flop" then? One of the reasons for certain price...
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

XPS_15 - Intel_HM67 - i5 - GT_540M - 6GB - Crucial_M4_128GB - 1920x1080 - Dell_5540_3G - Backlit - Win7

2. krayziehustler

krayziehustler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i was tempted too, but then I saw a display model in store and even that one was hot. Reviews I've read say the same thing, it gets pretty warm it was much hotter than my XPS 15

3. jeremfg

jeremfg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you really wanted to reuse previous name, that's defninitely the name that crossed my mind... But maybe they felt it was too soon to revive this name? Studio XPS would have made more sense to me! A new name could have been a good idea too, specially when launching a new kind of product. I would have given it the name of a fruit, like "guava" maybe :rolleyes:.
    I would have loved "orange", because then we could have said : "Stop comparing apples and oranges" hahaha

Yeah.. I remember seing Inspiron XPS..... Maybe that's the name they should have aimed for, with the new Inspirons SE...

Adamo... you got it right... the price made no sense, which is why I call it a flop. And it's also the "dangerous" game Dell is playing with the new XPS... Another parrallel between the two I guess. Although I believe this time the price is better justified (not completely) then it was with Adamo.

4. Skareem2

Skareem2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    its between this and the old xps with RGB led display with br drive

i already got my config after calling dell for the l521x and i got one of the old xps on reserve i dont mind the thickness for better sound + screen + better wifi ..... but im still torn between the two

5. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys...I don't give a s**t of the name, I just want the little b4st4rd to work properly! :laugh:

6. jeremfg

jeremfg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    True, and I absolutely agree with you on that!

As long as you remember that "properly" dosen't mean what's expected, historically, of a "XPS" laptop! It's confusing a lot of people outside of here!

7. ewur

ewur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Again, like there already someone stated - "throw away" ODD and add second fan for better cooling (and add option for external ODD on Dell site). Its year 2012, physical discs are "history". Or mayby not, yet...:D . But online services are future and without physical medium...
    I too was thinking of upgrading, but now its on "freezed" state, at least till rev.2
    ______________________________________________________________________________

XPS_15 - Intel_HM67 - i5 - GT_540M - 6GB - Crucial_M4_128GB - 1920x1080 - Dell_5540_3G - Backlit - Win7

8. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys...it's a multimedia laptop....how can a laptop be "multimedia" if it doesn't have a blu-ray drive...and as I said before, one does not buy a <1 inch laptop to carry a bag of stuff with it...

9. 2.0

2.0 NBR Macro-Mod® Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This is one long whine-fest. One of the few threads on here that has to be constantly moderated due to poster reports. Enough is enough, don't you agree? Sure you do.

And don't think to bring this whine-fest to the owner's thread. Any complaints from owners about non-owners in that thread will result in infractions and bans. :)

BTW: There's no such thing as free speech anywhere on the planet. Look into it. All laws regarding speech have boundaries. Freedom of speech is a misnomer.

...And for those conspiracy theorists out there who think NBR's mod team takes directives from Dell, you've got another thing coming. You couldn't be more wrong. Every rep or reseller here knows that we won't protect their image nor censor posts on their behalf that they may deem as unfavorable to their respective company's image. They participate on these forums at their own risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.