New Clevos with Max-Q?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by pdrogfer, May 30, 2017.

1. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe the price of the GTX 1070 OC is inflated as well.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I think paying extra for something that you can do yourself for free is kind of crazy, but there are some customers crazy enough to do so.

If you have to pay extra for something locked up to be partially unlocked, then it changes from crazy customer to dishonest vendor.

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I direct people to casts/channels like that as a base reference point. They're very useful to people who it's not their primary hobby and just want to sort/filter all the available information. This can seem like the intellectual laziness that "not thinking independently" can imply but it's more like information triage. I meticulously research some purchases but for others I trust reviewer consensus within my budget and feature desires. I don't think of it as susceptibility to influence so much as trust that even if someone's massaging perceptions of a product they're not going to lead me so wildly astray that I will regret my purchase much. It's worked out pretty well for me so far, and when it stops doing so for a particular product or reviewer, then I'll change that.

For anyone wanting more than that, I would hope people could come here for accurate information.

DukeCLR and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Can I type on your tablet on a high quality integrated keyboard? Can I plug USB sticks in?

DukeCLR and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    No, I do that on a real computer, so it's not necessary to be able do it on a tablet. A tablet could never replace a real computer and neither can a turdbook. I don't need something in the middle, but I do understand others might. In fact, others might own nothing other than something in the middle. That's fine for them if that's what they want and it's gets the job done. I just don't have a good reason to waste any of my own money on something like that.

That certainly makes sense and I think all of us do it to some extent or another. I think it depends on what the product is, how passionate the purchaser is about the product, and what their expectations are going to be. I know that I do this on some things that are not as important to me and don't cost a lot. Where it starts getting sad is when people spend a lot of money... sometimes more than they can afford... reliant on the filtered and sanitized information they are spoon fed by an entity that has an agenda or obligation to serve an agenda.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    DukeCLR and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I'm sure you can find similar for a cheaper price. And yeah, you can type on it + use whatever USB stick. As the advertisement show... Essential for everything you do!!
    [​IMG]

7. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think it only has 2 GB of RAM : https://noteb.com/?model/model.php?conf=17134442971477999616 and they are not soldered! :D Maybe I'm mistaking.

8. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah, with upgradable ram:) Maybe this is a better option. $200 is on the high side:oops:
    Review... Lenovo Ideapad 100S
    Conclusion
    Spending less than $200 on a laptop is a surprisingly viable option right now, and for those who mainly use Gmail, Facebook, Netflix and Amazon (or your own list of mail, social media, streaming video and online shopping tools), a laptop with an Intel Atom processor, low-res screen and paltry 32GB of storage may very well be all you need.

9. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    OTG to USB hub all yours for for $13.99 :D
    High quality* integrated touch screen keyboard sold separately

10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    We know the Max-Q 1080 costs $400 more as an option over the base cost of the 1070 OC, which performs the same.

I doubt the 1070 OC is higher priced, AW just wanted to show even more clearly that the Max-Q 1080 idea was "moot". :)

The previous 1070 was able to OC manually to the same levels, it's just that AW put the OC in the stock configuration so it comes out of the box with the same performance as the Max-Q 1080.

The Max-Q design includes such things as the potato chip thin style and finger breaking chiclet keyboard, which AW wasn't about to foist on it's fan's. ;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    DukeCLR and Ionising_Radiation like this.