New Clevos with Coffee Lake-S are here, P870TM, P775TM, P751TM

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by poorgreeklover, Oct 5, 2017.

  1. infex

    infex Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    157
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    162
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Also is there a buy back program to upgrade the similar spec machines for our machines?
     
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. skyFox90

    skyFox90 Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    19
    Messages:
    140
    Likes Received:
    98
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Will be nice if we can upgrade our machine like tornado f5 or p870dm3/Tm with z390.
    however i don’t know what laptop i have to buy, i want 15.6 this time like the evoc 16L13( tornado f5).
    Im just scare if i can’t upgrade to z370/390 in the future.
    Someone know something more?
     
    hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

    Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

    Reputations:
    7,520
    Messages:
    8,175
    Likes Received:
    2,858
    Trophy Points:
    331
    Your best option is to sell what you have on eBay, and then buy a new one. Keep in mind that a dealer would have to do the same thing...that is, sell it on eBay...and the dealer would have to make a profit doing it. That is why it is better for you to do it yourself, and eliminate the dealer profit.
     
    Ashtrix, hmscott, infex and 3 others like this.
  4. Delgada89

    Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    5
    Messages:
    101
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    41
    The CFL2 Tornado is coming 2H 2018 according to Eurocom so if you can wait, then wait. It may be better for upgradability then and if Ryzen is coming to laptops then it'll push Intel to be competitive in that space again.
     
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. ole!!!

    ole!!! Notebook Prophet

    Reputations:
    1,042
    Messages:
    4,010
    Likes Received:
    1,873
    Trophy Points:
    231
    2H would mean anytime in between July 1st to Dec 31st.
    knowing intel, it'll likely be out sometime closer to end of 2017 if not early 2018. launch is one thing, the availability of buying is another. ontop of that thats only CPU, OEMs will need to design and test once they receive the CPU which could take another 2-3 months.

    possibly a year or year and half from now will we see the next 8 core laptop, best to upgrade now. 6 core 5ghz is worth it.
     
  6. Meaker@Sager

    Meaker@Sager Company Representative

    Reputations:
    6,889
    Messages:
    42,751
    Likes Received:
    10,506
    Trophy Points:
    931
    That depends on what you intend to do with it and what you have now. 7700 series (mobile or desktop) and GTX 1070/1080 owners for instance would be better off waiting.
     
    dm477 likes this.
  7. ole!!!

    ole!!! Notebook Prophet

    Reputations:
    1,042
    Messages:
    4,010
    Likes Received:
    1,873
    Trophy Points:
    231
    exactly, especially that theres a chance 8c might not work in same socket/chipset is the killing part. i honestly donno if i should upgrade because im at 8c 4.3ghz going to 6c at 5ghz is a decent jump in ST performance, along with new GPU/SSD benefits.
     
  8. Delgada89

    Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    5
    Messages:
    101
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    41
    I have a 6700HQ and 970M. I too am debating the jump. I'm pretty sure it won't be compatible, otherwise I feel Eurocom wouldn't have said it'll require a mobo swap.
     
  9. skandal

    skandal Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    10
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Considering Intel recent history of socket/chipset compatibility, I would be the 8c jump will require a new motherboard.
     
  10. Z3us_PL

    Z3us_PL Notebook Enthusiast

    Reputations:
    10
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    16
    All depends on what AMD will present with next generation of their CPU's. This can force intel to changetheir policy.
     
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Papusan likes this.
Loading...

Share This Page