New car, need ideas.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    lol i wouldn't seriously do my photoshop job to a CTS, i'me just having fun :D

P.S. i played a little more with it :p :p

[​IMG]

2. Sodium

Sodium Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i know =D
    sorry if it sounded a little offensive haha, i just didnt have time to check abck to who exactly it was that posted the picture

3. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    oh don't worry i got you :D

and i never really said i was kidding, i figured it was implied because how rediculous it is xD

4. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Hell yeah! They are very nice cars to drive. It's so quiet and smooth that you barely feel like you are doing 90 :D

I know how you feel, but most states are like that actually. Personally, I would go as dark as you can on the back windows, and it will actually make the front windows look darker just from the optics. The other option is to tint the front ones light (50+ VLT), and hope the cops don't bother you for it.

It really depends on the car for it to look good, but on a new Cadillac, I personally would either make sure the lighting was dim, or not bother.

Depends on how much you enjoy the warranty. The largest fault I know of in the CTS is the rear end (I believe it was fixed by '07 though, they had faults with some earlier differentials). So keep in mind you don't want to mod it out of the warranty that is left.

Honestly and quite truthfully, other than tinting, the only thing I'd want in it is something to attach my iPod to. Then I'd just drive it. If you wanted a performance car, you shoulda bought the CTS-V :p

You are aware that the "fad" has been around since the 80's, right? I think at that point, it has exhausted the "fad" stage, and become a long term part of automotive appearance customising. However, I think it belongs on genuine lowriders only, and not luxury cars or riced out imports.

I wouldn't supercharge that engine. Too costly, would require the whole lower end of the engine to be taken apart, and would void all warranties. If the OP wanted a fast CTS, the CTS-V could have been had with an LS2 and a 6 speed.

I won't disagree about the exhaust, but it takes away from being a luxury car with a louder tone, which anything aftermarket will create. Also, many cold air intake kits do nothing for power because they aren't designed properly (Yes, even K&N stuff). All it'll do is make the engine louder by removing the baffling that would silence it. Pretty much any place you can get the cold air in to create power will pose a serious problem if the car is ever driven through a water puddle.

5. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ^Most of the things you said is true... Having the engine sound like a Jackhammer hooked up to an amplifier completely defeats the purpose of a classy sedan. If I wanted that sound I would've gotten an Evo or STI and modded that.

6. 71 gto

71 gto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree with all of what you said here. tint and be done because the V6 just isnt meant for performance and anything else will just look goofy...maybe lower it but thats about it. and the differential issues were fixed...finally. if they had fixed them sooner i may have picked up a CTS-V as my DD instead of my 04 GTO, but by time they fixed it i had already bought the car i wanted.

yes i do know that the under car lighting has been around for a long time, but it still pisses me off!

7. Sodium

Sodium Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well to buy the Cadillac CTS with the V6 is a joke to begin with. if you wanted a V6 go buy a japanese car or something. A Cadillac shouldnt come with a v6 thats just sad......

and to be honest, the Cadillac CTS is not suppose to be classy, they made it to compete with other sport sedans like the BMW, lexus, benz and audi

8. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    It is quite a powerful V6, and pretty fair on gas. I have never owned a V6 Cadillac myself (My Cadillac has a huge Cadillac 8.2L engine), but I could take this V6.

All of the above mentioned manufacturers have V6 engines as the standard in all of their sedans as well.

9. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    It's good for somebody who wants a good car with fair gas mileage, rather than a V8 with 9/12 MPGs. ;)

Well, what do you call those! :D :p

10. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    I get 18-21MPG with the V8 (5.7L LT1) in my Caprice. It's all about the weight of the vehicle, not the engine size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.