New car, need ideas.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    With the aid of the the decreasing value of American Cars, I was able to buy a certified pre-owned 2007 Cadillac CTS. It's got the sports-luxury package: discontinued sports grill, 3.6L V6, dual exhaust, trunk spoiler/lip, HID, 18in chrome rims, wood trim, heated/memory seats, Bose system, etc etc. Everything is stock right now, and I'm looking for some minor upgrades/add-ons.

First, I'm thinking custom license frames, any idea's of what I should put on the frames? I'm thinking "Hunter's Cadillac" but most people I've asked think that sounds like a car dealer's name.

Second, I want to tint the windows. But I live in New Jersey, so it's illegal to tint the front sides. I think that tinting just the back 3 pieces and not the front 2 pieces will look stupid...

Third, I want to install LED undercar lights but 1. I'm afraid that I won't know how to install it and screw everything up and 2. I don't want it to look like one of those $2000 Honda Civics. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what I should add to my car? Or which of the above three I should do/do first?

Here's a picture of the newly cleaned and waxed car :)

[​IMG]

2. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    Nice car,
    my brother worked at General Motors last summer. GM gives the summer interns a Cadillac CTS with the like 500hp engine in it to go to work. The speedometer went to 260mph on the one my brother had. He never went more than 70mph in it though. GM gives them right side drive cars, so being an American its a bit hard to adjust to opposite side driving

Its a nice car

K-TRON

3. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Photoshop mock-up comming up :D

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, the hood scoop and the spoiler are a little off...
    and its really not a "finished piece"

but here ya go:

[​IMG]

Removed the Cadillac Logo on grille, changed the hood, added a scoop, spoiler, neon underglow, pin striping (should be a little thinner), neon and/or color rims, (get xenon bulbs for the car, i diddnt shop those in though)

uhh..... that's all i got atm :D

This mockup reminds me of a mustang mixed with an Evo...

5. milfire

milfire Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How much did you get it for? I'm also looking for a car.

6. AmazingGracePlayer

Reputations:
    I love the grille I have though! Haha, not a big fan of the hood scoop, and the spoiler just ruins the car IMO. Not a big fan of pinstripes unless they are like this:
    http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6530556...tudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/25/Skyline_small.jpg
    But if I do that, I'd just have it go on the side skirts, starting at front tire ending at back tire. But that would just take away all the classy-ness of a Cadillac. I already got HIDs, what's the difference between Xenon and HID? Also, that undercar lighting kit looks kinda cool... :D

I got it for 25,000 with free maintenance and warranty for 3 years. It's only got 23k miles on it though.

7. 71 gto

71 gto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    dont get any undercar lights PLEASE! i will never understand this fad and i think it will make your car appear to be a $2000 POS if you do it. a local car show that i go to, there is a Z28 that has green ones and it makes the car look stupid as hell.

other than window tints id say leave it stock...but i am more of a no show all go type person who likes my cars to look stock but perform much better

8. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    xenon is brighter.

and the picture you posted isn't pin-striping :D

9. AmazingGracePlayer

Reputations:
    Well, the escalator? hahaha

10. Sodium

Sodium Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i am not a fan of the CTS, but if youa re gonna spend money on the car, i would go with performance mods, like CAI, aftermarket duals, or maybe even a supercharger for that V6 instead of things like those in the picture some one posted with the spoiler, hood scoop and the neon lights under the car.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.