New BIOS for 15R2/17R3 v1.4.4

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by 95TA, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    NVMe reads and writes are reduced by 20-50%.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Patches thrown out too early will never work optimal. And a golden opportunity to scam people to upgrade hardware and OS before they have to. Fits Micro$haft very well:D Kaby/Coffee = WinCrap X and Moron Store!!

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well Intel benfits greatly because consumers will be forced to buy new burgercake CPUs

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    They could of course opt for Ryzen. Micro$haft will most likely be the winner:D Not all wanna struggle with old OS and new hardware. As I said in previous post. Fits M$ very well.

Vasudev and VICKYGAMEBOY like this.
  5. Klk450

Klk450 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you serious... that's a big hit. I'm unsure whether to update or not.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Only in certain file size loads.

7. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Papusan @Vasudev @rinneh I have updated my bios and my CPU is throttling and I have noticed my voltage is also low like its being undervolt. I am guessing the reason is intel speedshift is causing the problem. I was on bios 1.3.6 without this issues. How do you disable intel speedshift in TS? Help please.. thanks..
    Edit:
    It seems intel speed shift is already off as I can see in HWinfo SST is red.. I guess it means its off.. My problem after the bios update my CPU throttles to base clock 2.6ghz.. anyone can help?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Vasudev @Papusan for me BIOS runs great, i had 0 reboot issues, desktop runs crispy, everything runs fine, gaming ive played bioshock for 1hour, there is no throtlling on CPU side, may be my system never went that hot, will test out someother intensive games tonight, must pressure NVMe drivers, PCH and memory modules and see if it throttles, but i ran Intel SA tool, its still vulnerable, how the heck they published a bios mentioning updated ME firmware, where in flashing bios i dint see the ME update screen at all, and in windows its the same old crappy 11.0 version build 1194.. did they forgot to implement the ME firmware update code ?? or just thot people wouldnt bother about that..

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Its because MEFW local update is locked by Dell and even their FW update doesn't touch ME at all. Too bad I'm going for Prema BIOS for next gaming laptops and Rz 2/Threadripper 2 for my desktop rig. Pathetic support from Intel and its vendor for showing the middle finger for end users.

Papusan and VICKYGAMEBOY like this.
  10. Klk450

Klk450 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    One of the reasons why I haven't updated yet, does this patch the vulnerabilities or not? This seem rushed and I'm out of warranty and don't want to end up with a bricked system.