New battery calibration process?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by cipiripi84, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gear6

Gear6 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if that voltage is real, then the battery may be unusable: the nominal voltage is 10.65V (~11V).
    At 5.3V (if i recall correctly the cell configuration: 3 series * 2 paralel) it means the average Cell voltage is ~1.8V - way too low for a nominal Li-Ion 18650 3.7V Cell.
    The current charge level is ~1% (610/60700) which reflects deep discharge the battery pack is in.

There are members here, that have actually replaced the cells in an OEM battery pack, they most likely could give a more correct and detailed diagnosis than I could.

Here is the screenshot on where those infos are shown: pcinfo-battery.jpg
    There's the Full Charge Capacity (the batt. capacity last time it was fully charged), the Voltage and the last line: Battery ID.
    the last number on the line is the date code: in my case 111006xxxxx which stands for 2011.10.06 (6th of Oct).

I think you should contact the seller and return the battery.

2. cipiripi84

cipiripi84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Panasonic Forum & Toughbook Forum.png

Ok thanks for explanation, I saw those numbers but didnt know how to read it.

Thanks alot for all your help and explanation, I think I might go ahead and contact the seller.
    I appreciate your help

3. Gear6

Reputations:
    you're welcome. it's too bad you got a bad one.
    it's over 5 years old, it's NOT NEW (68 cycles, who knows how many partial charges), and it's practically wasted IMH O(well below minimum voltage & capacity).
    unfortunately, batteries are perishable goods... the fresher they are, the better.

4. MasterBlaster2039

MasterBlaster2039 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've got 20 Li-ion batteries for my CF-M34s. Those batteries are all +/- 10 years old. Most of them still hold a charge for 3 hours. (edited = it is 3 hours , not 2 hours.. hehe)

5. Gear6

Reputations:
    wow, that's impressive. but they were properly maintained. I also have a 5+ year old battery in my CF30, with 600 cycles and a MP one, just as old with 150 cycles. and they still hold a good charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.