New battery calibration process?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by cipiripi84, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cipiripi84

cipiripi84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody...
    I just received a new OEM panasonic battery for my cf-19 mk2.
    I already did read sticky thread about battery and such...

For the first time of use, do you guys suggest charging the battery 24hrs while the computer is powered off or on?

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    The battery is only going to charge for about 3-4 hours if its dead. After that it will be fully charged...watch for the green "charged" light...meaning fully charged.

3. fleks07

fleks07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure that's true, need a new battery to pump as follows - a full discharge to the dead and do not turn on and charge 12:00 repeated three times in a row

4. toughasnails

Reputations:
    On my CF-52 with the battery discharged to 15 % it takes about 4 hours and the green light comes...all done charging. My CF-19 will charge for 3 hours and its all fully charge. Once the battery is fully charged the charger will not keep charging. If you put your mouse pointer over the battery it should tell you if its charging or not. If you have one that is taking 12 hours YOU got problems.

5. fleks07

fleks07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Battery charge was held 5 minutes, produced in this way three times recharge the battery life 1.5 hours. But will not live long Necessarily new pump! Older preferably once a year

6. orange_george

orange_george Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:

Blair,
    fleks07 is talking about a full recalibrate. Charge and Discharge. Not just a charge. Not sure if the original poster wants to do a full calibrate or not. They mention calibrate in the thread title, but sounds like a basic charge in his text.

8. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Use the battery recalibration once every month if you keep your laptop plugged in most of the time. If you use your laptop a lot on the road and drain it down before you charge... You could probably go every 3-6 months.

But I start out EVERY laptop rebuild with a battery recalibration!

9. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Yes that threw me off too, it did not sound like a calibration question...Ricks above post (#8) is the best way to do it .

10. Gear6

Gear6 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    (don't want to start a new thread, so I'll post here, as it's on topic)

I have an issue with my (still new) 19mk4's original battery:
    Although it has only 24 cycles, and I go by the guidelines from the sticky battery topic (almost all full charges, from ~10% +/- 5%),
    the battery capacity drops suddenly from ~23% to 10%.
    I didn't pay much attention at first (so I'm not sure it was right from the beginning), but lately, as I've started using it more frequently, I don't feel so confident, and I'm losing trust in the indication for the remaining runtime.
    Details: If I recall correctly, the battery was manuf. in late 2011, and I first used it when I bought the new 19 in oct' 2012.

1) do you think a battery recalibration would correct this ? I should mention that design capacity = last charge capacity, so it's supposed to still 100%.

2) I set the High Temp. mode in BIOS, but it doesn't enable the ECO mode (as other models have) to stop the charging at 80%. How can I achieve this ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.