New ASUS, battery wear 10% after one month

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Woody Wu, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Woody Wu

Woody Wu Newbie

Reputations:
    I've bought the laptop, FX503VD, just one month. it's capacity drops to 90% at present. I can remember a week ago the figure is 93%. I am afraid it's dropping too quick. But I have no a standard to refer. Do you think this is normal?

Thanks in advance.

2. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    random chance. Everyone has some battery wear. and the reading is not necessarily correct.

When mine was new, I never used it, and it had 3% wear.
    Right now, my battery has become swollen, and it still reads 3% wear after 17 months.
    I just don't believe it.

If you have already discharged a bunch of times, you'll see more wear. But the wear is not linear, so you won't see an extra 10% every month.

observe it for a few more months. Your battery warranty is 12 months, and your credit card warranty gives you another 12 months.

3. slurpy

slurpy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "These extended warranty policies don’t cover all credit card purchases. Computers, cars and items without manufacturer’s warranties are generally excluded, for example."
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/the...e-your-credit-cards-extended-warranty-policy/

Check your individual credit card rules before deciding.

4. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Do a full discharge-charge cycle and see if it recalibrates. To get it to power off leave it in a boot menu or BIOS setup menu while it is at very low capacity. Your OS will automatically hibernate or sleep at a certain threshold preventing the battery from fully discharging.