New Alienware m15 - 2018 with 8th Gen Intel core i7

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Dr. AMK, Oct 4, 2018.

?

Do you like the new m15 model?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

49.1%
  2. No

40.4%
  3. Not sure

10.5%
  1. luke1333

luke1333 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    G3/G5 screen is straight garbage though. I literally returned mine within minutes of turning on. No idea how people stand it

2. TheCloudX

TheCloudX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not to mention the corners. On the G7, didn't realize it until I took it home but the corners are not round and fairly sharp. Not enough to slice you open or anything, but fairly sharp. As it was my natural resting point for my hands. they dug into me pretty bad. Screen is bad, I had the LG and it was lacking for sure. But it was the corners on the G7 that did it for me.

3. TheCloudX

Reputations:
    Now that I've returned the base model Blade, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I don't like the glossy bezel or grill on the top but if temps are halfway reasonable then it may do well. Haven't owned an AW since 2014, though, and from reading reviews it looks like the temps are a big "if" there.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They should bring m14 r2 body language and shrink the cassis and bezel, Best Alienware Design imo, not this unbalanced screen and keyboard design, then I would start thinking over Blade design.

ssj92 likes this.
  5. TheCloudX

Reputations:
    ssj92 likes this.
  6. JediTreasley

JediTreasley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this the official Alienware m15 thread?

7. TheCloudX

Reputations:
  8. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha funny to see you here cloudx! I am now here after your review of the base blade.
    Just ordered my m15 today, went for the 1070, 144hz 1080p and 256gb ssd with large battery.

Looked at the service manual and the large battery does not obscure the second ssd slot so I can have plenty of storage.

9. TheCloudX

Reputations:
    Great minds think alike as I just ordered one, too! LOL. Only difference is I went with the 512 ssd. I was on the fence between this and the Aero, but after contacting Gigabyte to confirm the 15w and 15x, the support guy didn't know the models. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hoping for a good one. If not, then it may be time to throw in the towel on this generation of PCs. November 15 is going to be a pain to wait for lol.

10. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had an aorus and the customer service and qc was so bad I would never touch another gigabyte.

I have 2 x 1tb evo 960’s here waiting so went for the lowest config available and will switch them out on arrival.