NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    With regards to the differences in the individual core temps - is the laptop running on stock thermal paste? If so it could be the result of an average paste job.

It may be worth doing a full repaste with something like Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut, not only will your temps be slightly lower but the differences between each core should then it be up to 5c max.

Liam.

2. iambalaji

iambalaji Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah , I saw your post on the difference in PROCHOT between the old and the new BIOS. I saw a spike of 91C on only one core , that too for a second during my Prime95 undervolt stability test . The room temperature was around 28C by that time. Yes , with the bios update the PROCHOT is now 90 which is more sensible . I wonder why the old bios has been set to 97C which is really close to the tjmax.
    I am curious on what pushed the CPU to 95C with a -116mV? What were you running at that time ? So that I could run the same and test it out
    Also , Please share the regs .

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. Character Zero

Character Zero Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have not updated my BIOS. Am I missing out on any improvements?

4. XH558

XH558 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Agree about the 1080p screen being a better choice.

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

5. leader288

leader288 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was on Prime95 v28.1 small FFTs stress test, 8 threads. Fans @ 100%. Also, I changed my PL1 to 58w as I noticed that it was TDP throttling - clocks were not holding at 3.4GHz. If I am not wrong, that was what I noticed in your prime95 tests.

WRT to the Elan trackpad, here is the file: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/334e9a57

PLEASE PLEASE read the Readme.txt, and backup the respective registry branches before using them!

If you encounter any problem and did not backup, just reinstall the drivers and all will be well.

P.S. do you want the AHK script as well?

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  6. leader288

leader288 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nope

7. leader288

leader288 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yup, stock. I havent opened it up yet, waiting for @iunlock Aero 15 review

@iambalaji, have you repasted yours? Could you share your experience and any pictures?

8. leader288

leader288 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    iambalaji likes this.
  9. iambalaji

iambalaji Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @leader288 , Hey , thanks for the SmartManager link and the Registry files .

I ran Prime95 for 10 mins, small FFTs stress test, 8 threads , fans automatically controlled based on the temperature . With a -120mv core/cache and -100mV on graphics the max temp on one of the core was 82C , the cpu was able to hold onto 3.4Ghz all along except at one occasion where it dipped to 3.1Ghz , I guess this happened due to the delayed response of the fan to kick in at full speed. No PL or TDP throttling . Haven't you tried undervolting it ?

No , I haven't repasted it yet. As I am in India , I have to import the liquid metal TIMs and also waiting for iunlock's Aero15 results and planning to keep it as a guide to do it on mine.

10. ibd

ibd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to configure function keys to behave as what is printed below the "f" numbers normally, and as f-keys when the fn-button is held?
    Haven't found anything in the BIOS, mobility center, or otherwise.