NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Fair enough. I hope it doesn't, though. And if it gets TB3 with the Kaby Lake upgrade, it will definitely be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. yotano21

yotano21 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If only they are available in the US I would have bought one of these last generation. Too late now, I just got a MSI barebones with the 1070 that will be replacing a gaming laptop and business laptop.

hmscott likes this.
  3. BeastOG

BeastOG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One thing that worries me is that the power adapter is only 150 watts. Will that be enough for a 1060?

4. serik1

serik1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ChrisHPU likes this.
  5. Wiz33

Wiz33 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just returned a MSI GS43Vr due to defective speakers. I'm looking at either the Aero 14 or the Blade 14. I don't know if getting a TB3 is worth another $300. The only advantage I would get is the ability to use an external GPU enclosure with means I can upgrade GPU down the road but given the enclosure coast and a new GPU will be more than half of a new laptop. I don't know how viable that will be. I guess I'm going to have a chat with XoticPC and see if they actually have them in stock.

Update. they expect their 1st shipment to arrive early next week but with Thanksgiving in the way, they probably won't be shipping till the following week even with a rush order. Since I'm going with the stock config, I'll probably go without the rush and hope they will ship earlier than the standard 9-15 days and then use Fedex 2/3 day air shipping.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. kcimpulse

kcimpulse Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    [QUOTE="
    Update. they expect their 1st shipment to arrive early next week but with Thanksgiving in the way, they probably won't be shipping till the following week even with a rush order. Since I'm going with the stock config, I'll probably go without the rush and hope they will ship earlier than the standard 9-15 days and then use Fedex 2/3 day air shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Update Wiz - I have been wanting to throw my money at the New Aero 14 for 2 weeks now, just always saddened when a store sells them before they have the stock. I have had nightmares in the past with the store getting their shipment promptly without hiccups like "US Customs". Please let me know if XoticPC seems to be getting it out fast enough.

So right now I am waiting to see when NewEgg gets it also soon, plus at what MSRP cost. I have seen conflicting prices of 1599$ and 1699$. Also hoping to get clarification if this has 2 x M.2 PCIe SSD Slots like the original Aero. Because the manufacture page just says 1 for now, while not a deal breaker on the laptop it would be nice to have 2 of them.

7. Wiz33

Wiz33 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. kcimpulse

kcimpulse Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    From all indication the drive that ships with the unit should be PCI NvMe already.(more and more common every day) But from what I read on the original Aero it was like 50/50 what it was shipped with (region specific) and many of the early review units sent out were just SATA.

My hopes is it comes with 2 slots and ships with the correct NvMe drive already in one of them.

9. Wiz33

Wiz33 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hope so but the website shows NVMe as optional so I have no idea what it will ship with. If it's actually a x4 NVMe with decent performance. Then I'll probably live with it and get a cheap 1TB M.2 for the external. Guess we'll have to wait till we see some reviews. This is one season I'm kinda holding off placing an order. If Xoticpc really is getting their shipment early next week. I would think some reviewer would have gotten an advance unit to review by now.

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did actually end up ordering one from xoticpc, but I feel like cancelling it since they're not expecting any stock till next week.