NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I know sometimes that the Smart Manager will interfere with Trackball and Logitech software for peripherals like mice. If have any peripheral mice software running to configure extra buttons, see if disabling it gets the Smart Manager to start.

2. Reader165

Reader165 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it's not really worth it to have the latest version of the smart manager. Just keep it for controlling fan speed, and keyboard backlighting. It doesn't really have any more functionalities than that. I have audio driver from other version of aero and it seems to work. I have not tried other drivers as 1. windows gives its own stuff 2. wrong driver can cause problems. As for your question. You can use gigabyte utilities from other versions.

3. sahil04

sahil04 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone upgraded the ram to 32GB on here?

I'm not sure if I should purchase another 16GB stick in addition to the stock one or buy 2x of the same stick.

Any suggestions and ideas on which ram works fine with the stock one?

4. rooock

rooock Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, Aero 14 w 965m owner here. I had a fresh windows installed since I bought used, and I'm wondering what i should update? In particular the drivers for the nvidia card, however device manager says i have 2017 drivers while nvidia says latest is 2015 on their site.

So far I'm mixed on the laptop - the hard pressing on the keys is very annoying. The GPU power weight is great, but i am afraid to put my work stuff on it thinking it's not as solid as a macbook. If I go to europe for months, will i be able to fix it, assuming I don't have warranty? (i have no idea if i do since I bought used)

5. bberry110

bberry110 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Sahil04,
    I have the Aero 14 v7 (i7-7700HQ) and have had no issues with 32GB RAM.
    At some point I added one Kingston 16GB DDR4 2400.
    Both RAM sticks run on dual channel (they are of the same manufacturer, MHz speed and CL timings).
    Did not have to buy a separate 32GB pair.
    Perhaps use CPUZ first to identify what your current RAM stick is.
    All the best

6. sahil04

sahil04 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, can you send me the link to the ram you purchased? The model number that I get with CPUZ is one that seems like it is OEM and not available for purchase.