NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. sahil04

sahil04 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Finally got the laptop all set up today. Went ahead and did a clean install of Win 10 Pro, updated drivers as recommended and am happy to say that everything is working well (including brightness controls on the keyboard).

I also:
    Undervolted -.125 for both processor, iGPU, and cache
    Installed precision drivers for the touchpad

Everything seems to be working fine and I went ahead and ran stress tests using Prime95 and benchmarked using both 3dmark 11 and 12 with scores that were in the optimal range.

I have not tested the battery life yet as I've been home. I have been looking through the thread regarding whether or not I should undervolt the dedicated gpu as well, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

2. bruor

bruor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which graphics driver version do you have? Maybe I'll let mine update too

3. sahil04

Reputations:
    Intel: 23.20.16.4982
    NVIDIA: 23.21.13.9135

ChrisHPU likes this.
  4. sahil04

Reputations:
    Is there a way to disable the "G" key light if I am only using one set of macros in macrohub?

5. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is a new BIOS available from Gigabyte.
    For Windows 10 it updates to BIOS FB0C & EC F007.
    Link to the page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-14--i7-7700HQ#support-dl
    As usual, they don't give any changelog but my fps in PUBG seem to be more stable / consistent - placebo or not, I like the update so far :)

6. bruor

Reputations:
    I've got a skylake aero 14 with Intel 530.

On driver 21.20.16.4526 dated 9/23/2016 brightness controls work.

I used windows update to go to driver version 22.20.16.4836 dated 10/17/2017 and brightness controls no longer work.

Installed the latest driver from the Intel site win64_15.65.5.4982 shows 23.20.16.4982 in device manager dated 3/8/2018 brightness controls do not work.

7. bruor

Reputations:
    To revert to working drivers I uninstalled the intel driver for add/remove programs, and let windows install its default driver after reboot.

I'm now back on the version I started on with working brightness.

When brightness doesn't work there is no ability to change it in windows settings, and the auto adjustment option doesn't work. As well, you can move a slider in windows mobility center but it does nothing.

8. fcristel

fcristel Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought this laptop in November and now the battery died. It only works while plugged in. Yesterday the battery showed 95%. Now I see it is showing 81%. And it had been plugged in all this time. Seems like the battery has some kind of bad defect.
    Also, I have 2 keys on my keyboard that works 50% of the times. I have to press them various times in order to see them typed on screen.

Am I having bad luck with this laptop, or is this happening to other users?

Also, do you know how the technical support works? Are they fast at solving this kind of issues?
    I remember I had a Dell laptop few years ago, and when I had a problem they sent a technician to me and I had everything solved in an hour. This is my work laptop, so I wouldn't like to stay without it for a week, while being fixed :(

Thank you.

9. sahil04

Reputations:

I'm not sure what to tell ya, I just reinstalled Windows again due to a Windows Update issue and I still have working brightness with the same driver versions.

I used Windows Update to install all updates first and then I used the Intel update utility to update onboard graphics.

10. bruor

Reputations:
    Do you have the skylake or kabylake?