NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Doing GP didn't work for me on my system, not sure if you'll have luck with it.

2. fainlol

fainlol Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is anyone else having this problem?
    My laptop is becoming unusable piece of junk.
    The internet on my laptop is dropping every 5 mins now and I've tried just about everything from rebooting and doing a clean install of windows multiple times or trying legacy drivers.
    to give more detail the driver just dissapears when i open up chrome or try to use the internet.
    Im assuming its a hardware issue as a $5 dongle does not have this problem.
    Does anyone know if i can open up the laptop and replace the NIC or should i send it over to gigabyte HQ?

EDIT: okay i went back a few posts and noticed people were replacing their wifi cards but i still have 1 year of warrenty left so if i open it does that void the warrenty?

EDIT2 : and if i do replace it my self should i upgrade the card for a better one? if so any recommendations?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. elcid79

elcid79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes. You can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. elcid79

elcid79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I ordered mine they gave me the option of two. I would simply rma and allow them to do it if you are still in warranty and in us. I rma mine in December. They had it less than a week before sending it home. It was packaged exceedingly well. And was clearly handled with care. I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AeroLight

AeroLight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What is the newest intel driver that doesn't screw up the brightness setting?

Since windows updated some long working graphics driver, I had to return to the original one shipped with the Aero (21.20.16.4526). However with the recent big win10 update and the introduction of the battery slider, I notice frequent crashes of the PC when on battery!
    Anyone also has this issue?

This happens while the GTX1060 is not active, and the only thing that changed were the win10 + forced intel driver update. It's no BSOD, the entire system would hang up without any reaction to the input. It happens under periods of load, like when starting the Chrome browser when many tabs are open. Still happens when all power settings are set to maximum performance.

6. Ranrick

Ranrick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I also had these problems... a full reset of my system, hard wipe with new installation via backup tool of Gigabyte helped.
    I never updated then Intel graphics drivers. Just with the big Win 10 update, it automatically happened, but it was ok, since my laptop never got BSOD or freezes.

I hope this helps u. BTW, I'm running 22.20.16.4836 Intel drivers.

7. AeroLight

AeroLight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your response. AFAIK the Gigabyte tool is just an image of the OS drive when the laptop left the factory. So basically these BSODs / Crashes are software related.

Which processor is build in your Aero? Can you still adjust the screen brightness? Cause this stopped working after the big windows update and the forced driver update.

With the latest update windows also changed the power management a bit. Like you now just have this slider when you click on the battery. I suspect that these changes screwed up some internal power management of the Aero when on battery.

8. Ranrick

Ranrick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the Intel i7 - 7700HQ processor. I can adjust the brightness as i wish and also the auto brightness is working very welll. However I prefer manuel adjustments.

So after the big Win update, everything is fine. The sliders doesn't harm my system either. But tbh I dont feel any differences when using that slider.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  9. ibd

ibd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In Windows, what is the best way to disable the nvidia GPU to maximize mobile battery runtime?

10. iambalaji

iambalaji Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The easiest way is to disable the GPU from BIOS , but from Windows disabling it from the device manager will do it . You can extend and automate this with a small commandlet that enables and disables GPU using the macro buttons .

ibd likes this.