NEW Aero 14 w/ GTX1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by ericheadlo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. bruor

bruor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you don't use the 150 it might actually drain the battery during gaming. But your laptop will attempt to draw 150 from the supply which might not be good for either device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ranrick likes this.
  2. bruor

bruor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you don't use the 150 it might actually drain the battery during gaming. But your laptop will attempt to draw 150 from the supply which might not be good for either device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. masands

masands Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I'm having a weird issue with my Aero 14 that cropped up out of nowhere.

Windows 10 simply refuses to shut down. It shows the "shutting down" screen and the the screen goes black. However, the power button lights and indicator LEDs are still on. After about 15 minutes, its rebooted back to the lock screen. Anyone seen this before?

4. XH558

XH558 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have a look in event viewer under windows/system. This might give a clue.

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

5. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IMPORTANT HEADS UP FOR OWNERS LOOKING INTO UPGRADING TO THE LATEST CREATORS UPDATE

Guys, I was meant to post this up the other day after my initial findings but I've only just remembered to now. I first discovered this on a brand new 7700HQ Aero 14 that I was working on for a friend the other day - before commencing with the Creators Update, it is imperative that you do a complete backup image of all the original Gigabyte partitions FIRST beforehand. The reason for this is that after upgrading to the Creators Update, the original Gigabyte partition is somehow messed up / corrupted in the process and if you attempt to carry out either the F9 factory reset / Reset this PC option to restore back to factory default, the built in Gigabyte recovery program simply kicks you out of it when you attempt to start the process.

This may be automatically rectified by Windows / Gigabyte in time but for the time being - please bare this in mind before upgrading. In order to backup your original Gigabyte partitions, download & install the free version of Macrium Reflect free in order to carry this out. The complete partitions together as one image (I believe there should be five partitions in total, as per Disk Management within Windows) should take up around 60GB on a backup drive.

Many thanks - Liam.

MiSJAH likes this.
  6. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I discovered that this works completely fine on the Aero 14 as well.

ChrisHPU likes this.
  8. iambalaji

iambalaji Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Could you explain a bit in detail? Which executable is he talking about ?

Edit 1 : Got it . Now the touchpad is much precise with precision gestures.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Check the following quote as well. I basically ran the first setup file, which extracted the installer contents to C:/DRIVERS/......., then I edited Setup.ini in that same folder so that CheckHWID=0, then did the steps below. Once that's done and you reboot, install the other stuff through Setup.exe.

iambalaji and ChrisHPU like this.
  10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    150 watts is already pushing it if the CPU and GPU are under load...so even if the plug for the 120 watts fits and the voltage is the same, it is not recommended unless it is for light use using the iGpu...even then I wouldn't recommend it. An adapter with the same voltage but higher amps and thus watts shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk