NEW Aero 14 W/ 1050 ti AND Thunderbolt 3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Michael Bacon, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clamyboy74

Clamyboy74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got a reply from GB support, there will only be a 1440p option for the screen.

Attached Files:

sicily428 likes this.
  2. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has a release date been published?

sicily428 likes this.
  3. chewietobbacca

chewietobbacca Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Haven't heard anything on a release date either. Hoping to hear more soon, especially if any other hardware changes have happened (Aero 15's improved trackpad, please?)

4. Panderbear

Panderbear Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with Gigabyte and the sales lady said 8/31 or 9/01. This is a NewEgg exclusive.

Clamyboy74 likes this.
  5. KML

KML Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think 1440p is not a very good idea for a 14-inch device, especially if the device is powered by a 1050ti. They could give the option to choose a 1440p for an Aero 15 for those who wish so (I'm aware that a 4k version is on the way) and 1080p for Aero 14. Also a good 8th gen ulv with a TDP-up/1050/4k option would be great in the same chassis for less performance oriented people imho.

With that said, I hope this laptop will be much better than the Aero 14/1060 temperature-wise. Do you think temps will be at least (or at most, you choose :) ) like Aero 15's?

Sugil1844 likes this.
  6. Sugil1844

Sugil1844 Newbie

Reputations:
    @KML

With lower graphics card, it will probably have better temperatures.

7. KML

KML Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's a given because not much else is changed that produce heat. But will cooling be enough to avoid thermal throttling or will it run cooler than all in its class? It seems we have to wait until someone review it, if a review is ever done.

Clamyboy74 likes this.
  8. RobonHood

RobonHood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is this proven to not be true as of today?

*Edit - Stand corrected just checked its available for $1549.99 here forgive me for my disbelieve haha.*

With that said that price is really a little too high for my taste, should be closer to $1400 to really be an instant purchase for me at only $150 cheaper than the 1060 model it doesn't really make sense value wise. Also only in black wut?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  9. Panderbear

Panderbear Newbie

Reputations:
    I noticed it in stock last night after having looked during the day to no avail. I also should've put the price in as I found that out with my initial call. I agree but if there's any hope the battery life is better it might be worth it. The only problem I see is the disparity between Newegg and Gigabyte's description on the USB-C, Newegg says 10Gbps whereas Gigabyte's says it's Thunderbolt 3, 40Gbps.

10. RobonHood

RobonHood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh nice haha, yea I would lean more towards the manufacturers specs than Neweggs as they're using the connection pages between the 1050 Ti model and the 1060 so that would make sense not to put "thunderbolt 3 enabled". Also you lose 256 gb of ssd space again in that $150. I honestly don't know what they're thinking on this pricing as that's a bit ridiculous to me lose 60% performance and half the storage for $150 is a poor price indeed.

KML likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.