New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwbutts

Huwbutts Newbie

Reputations:
    Bought Y70 with 256GB SSD - assumed it also had HDD.

Never assume. It's one or the other. Don't buy.

2. SCARed

SCARed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    where do you get the 591G for 860€? cheapest one I found was 899€.

nevertheless, I would go with the Acer. The GE60 gets really loud and still very hot with the i7-4710 + GTX860M - combination. yes, the i5 might hurt your a little for gaming in the long run, but not that much. it will however slow your rendering down a little, compared to the i7.

3. hendrik87

hendrik87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would like to buy the VN7-571G-55BL (4210, gtx850) I currently live in the netherlands and I would have to order it from Germany where it will be available at the end of the month, in case i will get a model with bad brightness or other issues it would be really annoying to return it :(
    I'll wait for some feedback from other people who will buy the same model

Isn't the i7 far better in rendering than the 4210u?

4. moske07

moske07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The price is with student discount. I really like the Acer but MSI seems better on paper and and offers easy upgrade compared to Acer. And if im not wrong even Acer with i7 has the same temp as GE60 on some reviews. What is the difference between i7 and i5 in terms of percentage?

5. SCARed

SCARed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well, the GE60 is roughly 4 dB louder, that should be quite a difference (10 dBs mean double loudness). and the temps on the surface are far worse for GE60 - 45°C almost all over the keyboard, where the 591G does reach those only in the middle and more towards the hinge/fan outlet.

and what do you mean with percentage? difference in gaming? or for rendering? if you meant rendering, mayby have a look at the CPU benches at NBC (you have to look at the i5-4200H - the 4210 doesn't have values yet). Cinebench multicore should give you a good guess.

6. moske07

moske07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for help. I was looking at different comparisons and the difference between them is 6.9 for i7 and 6.8 out of 10 and according to this the difference is unnoticeable. But one thing is benchmark and real performance is different, so my question is how different are they in every day usage, how much lower performance in general can i get from i5, from what is figure out i5 is better coz use much less power but i7 has better overall score.

7. heibk201

heibk201 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    how is 10dB double the loudness? you double the amplitude when you reach around 6dB. 10 dB means it's about 3x the amplitude

8. ConteZero

ConteZero Newbie

Reputations:
    Had to wipe my 791g (I put on a m2 SSD and did a clean install).

I have a problem: where can I find the dust defender installer ?

PS: if I remember correctly 3dB is double, 10dB is tenfold.

9. peter53

peter53 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone bought VN7-591G-74SK in US? I saw many critical review for the poor screen quality and wifi issues on newegg.
    I really like this laptop because of it has IPS screen and SSD + HDD, but those negative reviews made me hesitate.
    Do you guys have these issues as well?
    Thanks!

10. macknewm

macknewm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try installing the Acer Live Updater and see if it can find and download it for you.
    http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Live%20Updater/Live%20Updater_Acer_2.00.8100_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635451567417425861&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VN7-791G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.