New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vortexmak

vortexmak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. macknewm

macknewm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Being I've never had a IPS screen till supposedly now all I can go off of is looking up the screen that my laptop has on that website and it saying that that type of screen is IPS.

3. RayJohnson

RayJohnson Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think the initial bunch of computers that shipped out were probably all IPS. Once then went out of stock a while it seems they changed the configuration on the website and possibly started shipping some non IPS versions or IPS versions that were not full HD. Acer said there are laptops of the same model number that have different screen configurations.

4. vortexmak

Reputations:
    Makes sense. There goes all my research down the drain. I'll now either buy the Asus or the Lenovo and change the screen

5. RayJohnson

RayJohnson Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There still should be IPS versions out there though. The one I purchased it says it was out of stock but should be available in November.

6. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I don't think that is the case. Non FHD versions were available from the begging and it's exactly the same situation that we've had with earlier models. As for non-IPS screen - is there actually anyone who does have a non-IPS screen? Because it seems more like an omission on Acer website than anything else.

7. RayJohnson

RayJohnson Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Ok so maybe there were non FHD versions available but that doesn't explain how one model number can have FHD versions and non FHD versions same price and everything. How do you explain this?

1) http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MQLAA.001 (non FHD)

2) http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.308686600 (FHD)

8. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I probably can't, but you'd need to correct link no 1 to give me a chance :thumbsup:

I was trying to locate a service manual for this notebook which would be useful and would answer some questions about the config (based on FRU) but so far I've been unsuccessful. I'm gonna keep an eye out for one though.

EDIT: I used my "mod powers" to see the link as you posted it. It's all fine now.

EDIT2: I see your point. Either one spec or the other is wrong. One model number equals one config and the same price implicates the same config too, so one description is clearly wrong. Nice job spreading confusion Acer...

9. vortexmak

Reputations:
    I called up the Acer contact number spoke to an Acer sales person . He didn't seem to know what IPS was but when I explained to him , he said that the website doesn't have a mistake.

Also, joshva got the newer 15.6" model

10. MikeyJo

MikeyJo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, can you do me a favour, please? I noticed that my speaker create a constant random noise while a sound is played. This noise can still be heard until a few seconds after the last "correct" sound from the speaker. It can also be constantly heard, if you plug in headphones. The noise comes right out of the loudspeaker, so it is not a noise from the HDD or something. Can you please check if you experience the same thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.