New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorty82

shorty82 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Revas that sounds good. Where did you bought it? :)

2. Rabbanah

Rabbanah Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm getting this laptop for work next week and I'll let you know how it goes once I get it. I'm getting the Acer V15 Nitro from Newegg. i7-4710, 256 GB SSD with 1 TB HD, 16 GB of ram, and GTX 860. They gave me the choice between a Macbook 13" retina or equivalent cost pc ($1299). It's ridiculous how much better the Acer V15 is than the Macbook for the same price, the only thing I'll be missing is battery life, but I'm always plugged in anyways.

3. macknewm

macknewm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not sure this is a laptop that would be appropriate for a work situation.

4. RayJohnson

RayJohnson Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have the Acer $1199 version and I concur, it does look and feel nice although not the sturdiest, the Asus G series laptops feel sturdier but they are also heavier and bulkier. Not a big fan of the touchpad for some reason, maybe it will just take some getting used to. Laptop is very light and easy to carry around. I do worry with it being so thin about overheating it just doesn't feel like much of anything is inside of there. It runs very quiet but tends to get warm fairly quickly, I haven't run anything intense on it yet. Screen looks fine not overwhelmingly great.

I do seem to be having some issues with speed/strength with my router. When I go to the furthest room from my router the signal strength is very low and the download speeds are extremely slow. I recently changed routers so it may just be an issue with the new router. I'm not having an issue with signal strength on any other of my mobile devices in the house though, but this is the only laptop I'm using. My previous laptop that worked well with the previous router is non functional.

5. macknewm

macknewm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Download and try this driver for WiFi
    Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Drivers Version 10.0.0.298 WHQL
    From what I've read in the forum the newer driver from that site has fixed the issues for some people.

6. fabiodiazs

fabiodiazs Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Really different kind of machine, anyway. But it's not just about battery: with the MBP you'll also be getting a screen of the highest quality and a better OS, imo.

If you want power you made the right choice, though :)

7. dabs to go

dabs to go Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 15" version is gone from Amazon and OOS at the Acer store. The Acer store only has the 17" version without any SSD :(

8. bhai77

bhai77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there...think of getting one too. But its a bit pricey US$1887 with this specs.

9. bhai77

bhai77 Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. dabs to go

dabs to go Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 15" version is gone from Amazon and OOS at the Acer store. The Acer store only has the 17" version without any SSD :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.