New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

1. sproghistorie

sproghistorie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I have been looking at the VX 15 and the Inspiron 7567 but they look atrocious in my opinion, I'd like something that looks somewhat professional and that's part of what I like about the Acer Nitro. But you're probably right that it's best to wait it out a bit for the 1050 laptops to become more widespread among manufacturers.

franzerich likes this.
  2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I agree on VX 15 - it looks unprofessional with this red WSAD cluster.
    As for Insprion - I could live with the looks, but it has a terrible screen and build quality is shoddy.

That said - there will be refreshed Nitro series, or to be exact there already is but only with 1060. There should be some new 15" Nitros with 1050 and 1050Ti rather soon.
    I'm on the market for a similar notebook myself, so I'm waiting impatiently as well.

3. sproghistorie

Reputations:
    I'll wait for now for either the new releases or a really good offer for a used XPS 15 or Zenbook or something similar, thanks for beating some sense into me ;)

4. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what's the price? compare it to what the 1050 laptops are suppose to be around and then decide. The 960m is around 15%-20% slower than the 1050, and around half the performance of the 1060. The new 15" v nitro is launching in February and is starting at €1,299 MSRP (so add your countries tax). The cheapest models of the v nitros usually don't have SSD's.

5. sproghistorie

Reputations:
    It's a good deal for a laptop with those specs here in Denmark but I'm not in a hurry to get one and I'd absolutely hate myself if I were to miss out on a good deal for a 1050 laptop or similar because of my impatience.

6. prykpryk

prykpryk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I know there is still a lot of people using this quite good laptop. Recently Intel released new drivers for GPU that unlocks EDID. What it allows is to 'overclock' the refresh rate in our laptops displays! I personally managed do push my display to 100Hz refresh rate.

Here's what you need to do (tutorial for Win8.1).
    1. Uninstall previous Intel Graphics driver using Control Panel.
    2. Download ZIP version of driver
    3. Install this driver using tutorial
    4. Download Custom Resolution Utility
    5. Edit Detailed Resolutions according to your liking. Do not exceed pixel clock of 240MHz, it seems to be a limit.
    6. After saving settings in CRU it is not enough to use restart utility of CRU. You need also to reboot the computer.
    7. After reboot select new refresh rate in Windows resolution selection menu.
    8. Use this to test new refresh rate. It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Prax0s likes this.
  7. G-Force

G-Force Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, the new VN7-593G series are starting to appear on Acer's website and on Amazon.de. I guess it shouldn't take too long aymore. I am very interested in this model, finally a classy looking gaming machine. Sure hope the cooling works well and the prices will be similar to the German prices.

VX15 is an instant no-no. Looks very unprofessional with the red grills on the back.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  8. Dantei

Dantei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It happened. Coffee just broke into my lappy and now the keyboard doesnt seem to work. Backlit is fine, Powerbutton on the keyboard works fine apart from the keyboard itself. Its visible in device manager.

Replacement?

9. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't think you can easily replace it, you might need to take things with an official repair shop authorised by them.

Romanian shop wasn't nice with me AT ALL. Many mail exchanges, they had no idea what Optimus is and when windows 10 still had driver problems they pretty much ignored my inquires.

10. Dantei

Dantei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Replaced. Received it today. Works great.

I still have a problem with the battery. It's visible in Windows but doesn't seem to work. I read there's some screw which cuts off power or something.