New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

1. f0rsling

f0rsling Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! Can someone with Acer VN7-591G stress test it in AIDA64 Extreme (free trial) and post temps here?

Just got my motherboard changed at Acer repair but the CPU runs extremely hot, 98 degrees Celsius when I stress test the cpu and gpu at the same time. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. liviu009

liviu009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is a video with my temperatures in Assasin's Creed Unity at very high.
    I have turbo boost disabled but not undervolted , and fans set to mediu , +125mhz gpu core overclock and +500mhz video memory clock.

3. crh8

crh8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought an Aspire V Nitro (last month). It's a great laptop, but I've noticed that once a day, I run into an issue when the computer screen goes black at a random time. It's usually 20-30 minutes after I open the laptop lid (I guess from sleep mode). I start using it for 20-30 minutes or so, and no matter what I'm doing (surfing the internet, going through settings, reading email) the screen will just go black randomly at some point. The only thing I can do is press and hold the power button to power it off and back on. Once I do that, the PC works fine, until I start to use it the next day. I'll wake up the laptop and the same thing happens and I have to repeat the process above. I've never seen this before with a laptop and thought this was odd. Anyone here experience this and know what might be causing this to happen? Thanks for any help!

Also, here are some of the specs of the machine:

Windows 10
    Intel Core i5-6200U
    Nvidia Geforce 945M (2GB)
    8GB RAM (DDR4)
    1TB HDD

4. nohaybanda

nohaybanda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also have the same problem with a V17 nitro, but it's very rare ( it happens once a month or less ), i leave my computer running and when I come back nothing, the screen is black, i have tried every keyboard combinations but it doesn't do anything, but i can still turn keyboard lighting on and off with fn+f9. i am forced to shut it down with the power button. it happened to me several times when I had win 8.1 and yesterday with win 10.

5. flexkeyboard

flexkeyboard Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got the VN7-592G. Weird thing that bug me is that the HDMI out only works when the power is plugged in. If unplug the power, it would disconnect my external monitor and switch back to the laptop display. Can someone verify this to make sure it's not just me?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  6. gocek

gocek Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've registered just to ask if any of you here have problems with weird right fan noise when "almost" idle. I have the VN7-792G model (17 inches). That is, when there is no fan active, it's ok. When it's under stress - I can hear only the fan spinning the air, no other sounds. But when the fan is "almost idle", the fan is spinning the air nearly silently.... and the fan itself emits a low-pitched hum or buzz or whatever.

I have already returned one piece and picked another one and the problem is the same. Did ANYONE encounter anything similar? I'm not sure if it's a problem with a specific batch or the whole series?

I also have steps to reproduce using "rw everything" from a post on another forum. Set "93" to "14" (manual right fan control) and "94" to "DB" (this is the slow speed that causes the weird sound). "D0" (almost silent) and "E0" (a little bit louder) are all fine! Only the crazy "DB" value, which is unfortunately picked by auto mode from time to time.

Is there maybe any similar problem with VN7-592G (15 inches)?

7. gocek

gocek Newbie

Reputations:
    Seems that my problem described in my previous post is exactly the same as someone posted here before. Same model, a little bit different internals (vn7-792 i7, 8GB, 960m, ssd+hdd). So yeah, it affects my model as well. I like everything else, so I will probably just live with it, and tweak fan speeds in "Notebook fan speed" (make it run at 0% or 30%, skipping the "resonating" 25% speed, 30% is still barely noticeable). BTW: it's configuration is wrong, right fan is labeled as left ;)
    Another thing that helps, is to lift upper right corner of the notebook. It makes this noise only when touching a surface!

Edit: after more googling, I found that more people are complaining about the fan noise on Amazon UK.
    comment 1
    comment 2

Interestingly, there is not a single similar report on Amazon US:
    link

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. kolomeets

kolomeets Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Had the same issue. Ordered a new right fan from ebay (just search for Acer Nitro Fan - CAUTION! LEFT AND RIGHT FANS ARE DIFFERENT!), replaced it (took 5 minutes to disassemble my laptop and replace the right fan). So far so good :)

9. Jaggyjags

Jaggyjags Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am having a weird issue on my 17'' VN7-791G model. A loud static noise comes from the speakers, independent of the system volume or the operating system.(also happens in BIOS). I first thought it was a grounding problem. Switched wall plug, tried different location, disconnected the internal battery, unplugged cable and discharged the computer holding power for over 30 seconds. This noise comes back again after some time. It comes and go, starts low but usually ends with a strong static noise with some tremble. Im out of clues, asked for a fix in acer support, 15 months from purchase, out of guarantee, waiting for approval.

I recorded the sound. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HxgekM9cs3

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. apaloo

apaloo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I just ordered a 592G (i5-6300HQ, 8 Go, 1TB HDD) and thought of looking for its owner lounge to find more infos on what to do :

- I plan to switch the hard drives of this laptop and my older one (which has a 2.5'' 850 Evo). To do so as smoothly as possible, I'd like to clone the HDD of the Acer on a usb stick, then clone SSD on HDD, then clone back the USB stick on the SSD. How much space do I need on my USB stick to do the first cloning, out of the box ?

- I won't try to repaste unless the throttle is too strong, because I've never done it before and it looks like a little difficult (even though I already have a Liquid Ultra ready :'( )

- Other than undervolting (around -60 mV I guess ?) and underclocking (28x ?), are there other easy ways of reducing throttling on the laptop ? I've tried to find infos in the thread, but not having a proper owner lounge hurts for this kind of research :(