New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4cr0s

M4cr0s Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My makeshift solution is having saved two files with RW Everything. One with the max fan setting and one with the "auto" setting. Loading the different files is quicker than typing manually or rebooting. Could be more elegant than this, but it works.

Mac

2. 0meg4

0meg4 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Guys, perhaps someone knows what to do with my webcam issue?
    Is there anything I can do with this faulty connector?
    [​IMG]

3. siluetaz

siluetaz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did you tried at least disconnect and then connect it again? Honestly i can't tell nothing from this angle, it's obvious that connector has some kind of damage, but you need to look at contacts itself. Because that damaged black plastic piece is just a body of the connector, it doesn't make any contact with anything itself, contacts are inside. I wouldn't be too surprised if it will work with no issues while looking ugly like that, but in your case it's not. Well at worst case scenario you will need resolder a contact or two. But it's also worth to check continuity in wires with multimeter. Now, if you don't really understand what i'm talking about, it's best to just take to someone who has an idea. But if you do and possibly have an multimeter, measuring continuity is probably best way to find out what's wrong, well, of course if it's not obvious after visual inspection.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  4. 0meg4

0meg4 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes, i did disconnect and connect it again just to check if it was an adjustment problem. No luck.

I do understand the logic behind your explanation, but don't have either the knowledge or tools to do such a fix.
    Will have to take it to a technician friend of mine.

5. sleeplessj

sleeplessj Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone been able to install an SSD for their Nitro? I've had my V17 for 3 months now and I want to install an SSD, and I'm trying to decide between the Transcend M.2 SATA III 6Gb/s 80mm, or replacing the ODD with a Samsung Evo 850 + HDD Caddy.

I heard the M.2 port in the 17" version is supposed to be quite a bit harder to access than in the 15". Is it worth the trouble, or should I just replace the cd-drive with a regular SSD?

Any tips/experiences would be greatly appreciated, thanks y'all!

6. 0meg4

0meg4 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is worth it. You won't get the same speeds from a caddy.
    There has been a lot of posts about that subject on the thread. Use the search and take a look.

7. sleeplessj

sleeplessj Newbie

Reputations:
    Cool, thanks. Would I be able to copy my OS files over without any software since my HDD will still be staying?

Also, is there anyway to search this thread specifically? Thank you

8. 0meg4

0meg4 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sure you can, on the thread it has been discussed with some software (sorry for no being more helpful but I own the ssd version).

On the top there's a search button/box.

9. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On my 15" Nitro I had some throttling and FPS issues in Dragon Age: Inquisition - but I got around that by going into Power Options in the Windows Control Panel, and setting the "Maximum Processor State" to 99% instead of 100% in the advanced setting for the active power plan.

That seems to prevent the CPU from going into turbo frequency mode and keeps the temperatures down without throttling the CPU lower than 2500 mhz.

10. hovercraftdriver

hovercraftdriver Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So how do you hard reboot without tearing apart to pull the battery? My unit is stuck on an update but holding power down and seemingly shutting it down does no good...power it back up and it still is hanging on update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.