New Acer Aspire V Nitro series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by G-Force, Aug 13, 2014.

1. G-Force

G-Force Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    downloads and zgintasz like this.
  2. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And again - SOLDERED on motherboard graphics?

3. G-Force

Reputations:
    Pictures of the 17" black edition (with optical drive). I'm not sure if the 15" version is also equipped with an optical drive (hope not).

Gamescom 2014: Neue Acer Aspire V Nitro Gaming-Notebooks und Black Edition offiziell vorgestellt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and http://www.hispazone.com/Noticia/70...ortatiles-multimedia-Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

€ 899 for GT 840M, no thanks...

More pics http://www.eprice.com.tw/tech/talk/1184/4702028/1/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-announces-new-aspire-v-nitro-series-laptops/
    € 899 for an 860M Black Edition? Well if that's true, this is some strong competition for the Lenovo Y50.

4. SCARed

SCARed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    interesting ...

5. krzysiekhusarz

krzysiekhusarz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm wondering how Acer will stack up in terms of heat management, battery life, and display quality

6. OC-Freak

OC-Freak Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If they use the same IPS screen as in V5 573G it will be GREAT, since the V5 573G has one of the best 15.6" FHD IPS screens on the market right now (AUO B156HAN01.1).
    If they use the same battery as the V5 573G the battery runtime will be good for a gaming machine (V5 573G manages around 6hrs of wifi surfing).
    If they use the same cooling as the V5 573G.... they will fail. It's stressed already with dual core i5/i7 and GTX850M. But noise is low, hope they can keep noise down and just make it more efficient.

It looks thin, which has proven to be a general failure for gaming machines. MSI GS60/70? Hot, loud and throttling. Aorus X7? Hot, loud and throttling. Gigabyte P34G/P35W? Hot, loud and throttling........ you get the point.

7. jeerinho

jeerinho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can't wait for this thing to be on sale. A re-designed replacement for the V5~V7 lineups has long been overdue.

I'm liking what I see here. Sleek and professional looking machines that you can game in the hotel room at night after taking this to the meeting room in the office during the day.

In terms of design alone, IMO they have already blown away the likes of other slim gaming laptops like Y50, GS60, P34G v2 and P35W v2. I'm not mentioning the Blade because it is too expensive.

Only one USB 3.0 port in the V7. Now it looks like there will be 3!

Hope there will be a review soon so that we know how it manages heat, noise and battery life, as well as how slim and light it really is.

8. G-Force

Reputations:
    I'm still not sure if the 15" Black Edition has an optical drive. I don't like ODD's so I would like it not to have one. My first choice still is the V5 573G for now, but the V Nitro looks so much better. What I don't like is that the non-Black Edition has GT 840M graphics, that's too weak for my taste. The 15" Black Edition will be expensive in my country is my guess.

9. heibk201

heibk201 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    my bet is that it will have i7 4712HQ most likely. I don't think it can cool a full quad core like 4710HQ so yeah. we might even see a 4200H if acer isn't confident enough

10. G-Force

Reputations:
    From what I understand from Acer's press publication, the normal V Nitro uses ULV processors and the Black Edition uses "standard voltage" Core CPUs. What that means remains to be seen though.