New 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Replaces the Gallardo

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It looks like a pretty nice vehicle. It was inspired by the Aventador, which is always awesome.

Official: 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4

[​IMG]
    The name is pronounced like, "or-uh-con." :thumbsup: Base price is around $240k. That awesome "Aventador inspired" ceramic brake kit is standard.

I love that interior... It's sick. The exterior isn't that exciting for a Lamborghini, but they pulled it off. It looks good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Only $240k? Give me 5 of these!

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I don't think I could buy a paddle shifter supercar minus the GT-R.

4. J.Dre

Reputations:
    That's the only way to go. Faster, more efficient shifting. I do like having a stick-shift, though.

5. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    I agree with Tsuande on this one, minus the Nissan. I would much prefer a manual transmission for driving enjoyment.

Mitlov likes this.
  6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I'd much prefer an Aston Martin over a Lambo. I've never liked them since I was a kid to be honest.

7. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Well I think some Japanese tuning company actually put a 6 speed manual in a GT-R. I don't think alot of modern paddle shifter cars can do their F1 styled launch control with a manual transmission, hence the race to the top for the fastest 0-60/quarter mile is now all done with paddle shifters. From the performance end, I respect SMG\DCT\paddle shifters but from enjoyment, paddleshifters is the complete opposite end, ho hum. I think Porsche for the longest time only made their enthusiast/pure drivers cars manual only (GT2/GT3/GT3RS/Carrera GT).

8. J.Dre

Reputations:
    I love the standard manual transmission and shifter, but paddle-shifters are fun. I think in an exotic super car, you would not expect to see anything else. They're stylish, responsive, accurate and efficient. Best of all, they're dummy proof. I can't imagine grinding gears on a $250k sports car...the transmission would probably be upwards of $40k-$50k to replace.

Ha... If only I could win the lottery. I'd have a five car garage with two levels (10 cars total). :thumbsup:

9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Thirded (fourthed?) on the preference for three pedals and a stick. Never owned anything else, but I've test-driven a GTI with DSG and didn't like it. It was faster than I could drive but less entertaining. And when you're driving for fun instead of racing competitively, which matters more?

Love the interior, hate the exterior. Like someone else said, I'm a sucker for Aston exteriors (and Porsche). Lambos always looked too much like matchbox cars to me.

10. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    [If] I ever have to drive a paddleshifter/sequential manual/DCT, it should be near Ferrari race spec (.1-.2 ms shift times). The ones in my XV are so slow (at least .5-.75 sec delay in shifting), there is almost no point in using the paddle shifters besides to rev the engine up to high revs. At that point a manual is almost faster if you powershift it. The GT-R ones are pretty fast, and it is a pretty excellent transmission considering Nissan engineers hand build it themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.