New 2012 Ford Focus Photos!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by usapatriot, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Check these out!

Link

Man the new Focus looks good, I'm loving the dual-tone interior as well.

2. Teraforce

Teraforce Flying through life

Reputations:
    Meh. At least it looks better than the old one....

3. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Will there be an SVT version of the focus? I will be purchasing a new car within the next two years and if there is a performance model I will most def be interested. Looks better than the old one for sure though.

4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    5011x improvement over the current model. I like it!

5. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, people are expecting for Ford to do an Ecoboost (turbo) version of the Fiesta's 1.6liter and Focus's 2.0liter engines. The 2.0 Ecoboost is supposed to crank out a bit more power than the last generation, European ST. No one is sure if Ford is planning to bring the Focus RS over.

On a side note, have any of you seen the new Australian-only Ford Falcon? It features the 5.0L Coyote engine with a supercharger for something like $50k! It is also one HOT looking car.

6. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Perfect, hopefully something similar to the Cobalt SS Turbo, but not a crappy Chevy. I like having the available power a turbo offers while still getting good mileage with a 4cyl.

Ya those Australians have some interesting cars, my personal favorite was the Pontiac GTO, have always wanted one :)

7. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I wish the electric model's front end was the default for every model. The current design makes it appear a bit buck-toothed.

Also not a fan of the base radio design used in this and the Fiesta. Seem's more complicated than necessary. It would probably be a deal breaker for me unless I could opt for the premium system w/ My Ford Touch.

Overall though, it's a much better car than the NA only "heavy refresh" car we were stuck with.

8. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My local ford dealer is telling me 3 months roughly until they arrive. My cousin just bought the new Fiesta its really nice for a Ford, I wasn't expecting much, Ford has definitely came a long way. It has a really nice interior and gets 40mpg, just a little to small for me. I was wanting to get a new car in the next month or so, not sure if I want to wait that long or not, might just go with a new Civic.

9. Judicator

Judicator Judged and found wanting.

Reputations:
    Which one is the electric one? I agree with the comment about the front design, though, that grill is just... ugh. It seems like they're moving past the "radio" just being a radio, they have a calendar and GPS in there, and it's probably got loads of other functions that it could be used for, like maybe an optional backup camera or something. I think the hoods on the tachometer and speedometer look really weird, too (I can see how they'd be useful, but they're still odd).

10. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Here's the electric one:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I get what you mean, but other makes have radios with similar functionality that are simpler to operate. I could see the MyFord Touch radio being a bit difficult to get your head wrapped around, but this is the base radio. Nearly every review panned it in the Fiesta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.