Never buying another gaming laptop again.

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Illuminaughty, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gstboy

gstboy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    other than opening it up and re applying thermal paste properly, your only other option is an rma.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    CONTACT YOUR RESELLER.

/END THREAD.

3. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Open your laptop won't void the warranty at all as long as you don't damage any parts and ask for replacement.

Register with MSI for warranty is not required. It's the accidental damage warranty that MSI required end-users to register within 30 days of purchase otherwise they won't honor it.

It's easy to test to see if your video card performs the way it suppose to be by run 3DMark vantage.

I read some of your previous post you seem to have some driver issues in the past:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/8364279-post20.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/8350358-post18.html

Maybe still have drivers issue? looks like you may want use official MSI drivers just for test purpose.

for the high temperature issue I don't think it's the fan because the faulty fan will cause system to shutdown, so like ryzeki said it could be the dust inside the laptop so you may want to check.

Or simply PM me your order number and I'll issue RMA for you to send it back so we can diagnose the laptop for you.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is why I said contact them because they can give you this sort of definitive answer.

Thanks for putting this to rest Ken.

5. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:

the system was overheated and shuts itself off because the vents was completely blocked, after clean the vents with compressed air the laptop been working fine on our testing, we also applied IC Diamond on CPU and GPU for free this time, my recommendation is keep your laptop clean and check the vents every 3 month, no wonder it's overheating because how can it run cool when vents are blocked:

Attached Files:

6. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I KNEW IT, LOL! SNASTY!

I suspected as much given the OP's post history.

:D :D :D

7. bigtonyman

bigtonyman Desktop Powa!!!

Reputations:
    glad to see you guys resolved the issue. :)

8. GammaBreaker

GammaBreaker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mother of... How does it even get blocked up like that? I have two birds and live in a dusty room, and it would take years to cake like that on my grills (I clean them every 4 months). o_O

Thumbs up to GT for the resolution.

9. Narhim

Narhim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is strange, got my 16f2 from gentech and never got any temps higher than 85°C..
    After changing CPU to 2920xm and graka to 580M I have max temps like 85°C for CPU and 76°C for GPU. Take some IC diamond, open it up, repaste it, close it, burn in / test it and enjoy!

EDIT: lol was THAT the problem? OMG, thanks to support our CPUs and GPUs won´t burn out ^^ or thanks to cleaning of the fans once a month...

10. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends on where you live climate and condition wise really. I own 3 cats and a dog and live in a desert. I have to usually clean my computers at least every two weeks or they wind up like that....well the air filters on the Antec case do help out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.