[NETHERLANDS] Looking for a Multimedia Ultrabook

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by KratosX7, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KratosX7

KratosX7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Im looking for an Ultrabook for multimedia purposes

1) What is your budget?
    Between 600 and 900

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    The Netherlands

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    No, just good price/quality

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Sure

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Multimedia, fast laptop for school purposes (not playing high end games or anything)

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Yes I will travel a lot with it

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    Not really
    9) How many hours of battery life do you need?

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Online without seeing is OK

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
    It has to be windows

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
    It doesn't really matter, I like HD but it doesnt have to be HD anything a bit lower is fine too

13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
    Prefer Matte but glossy is ok goo

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    It has to be thin (prefer Ultrabook) and ligh

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    Asap

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    2-3 years or so

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
    SSD would be nice so I can install windows on it to have a fast boot up

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
    I wont be burning

I hope this is enough info and that you guys can help me to get some insight on what the best buy at the moment is!

Yours truly,
    Kratos

2. danielschoon

danielschoon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Holland is quite the laptop hell as i found out. Only all those bad basic Asus HP and Acer´s anything decent will cost you too much. Prices here are twice is high as in the US. To not get lost in the wood of Media Markt and Dixons laptop i´d say visiti the Sony webshop where you actualy can configuere your own laptop the way you want with nice screen and fast hard disc and if you are a student a further 10% discount saying you are a student. Furthermore Sony is a quality brand building nice notebooks. What i´d advise you to go is get a Sony 14p with i5 3210m, 8gb RAM, 900p screen and the 500gb 7.200 RPM hard disc. This config would cost you around 800€.

Things i´d focus on if i were you were a high resolution qualit screen 768p for a 15,6´ is really quite low and a fast hard disc either 7.200 RPM or SSD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.