Netbook ASUS T91MT Upgrading SSD

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by geral, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geral

geral Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have an Asus Eee PC T91MT with its original SanDisk pSSD-P2 32GB drive, since year 2009 working with Windows 7 but still works fine for single office and navigation works but is some slow

I want to give it a second life because this small netbook is usefull, but i don't know if nowadays exist any compatible SSD.

Anyone knows what compatible SSD could I buy?

Thanks.

2. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Any 2.5 SSD should be fine, maybe an MSATA. Though you should consider chucking it and getting something better IMO

3. geral

geral Newbie

Reputations:
    The size is like mSATA, exactly its a miniPCIe connector/form factor but my SanDisk pSSD has interface PATA , is not SATA, so can I install a mSATA SSD? Is this an upgrade compatible?

Here some information about my SanDisk pSSD-P2:
    [​IMG]
    full information:http://onlinefreeguides.com/manual/312961/sandisk-pssd-p2-storage-2/

Here a image of my SanDisk pSSD-P2 installed:
    [​IMG]

4. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    My question is, why are you still bothering with something this bad? Why not just but a newer windows machine? But a MSATA might work? If not, just use the 2.5 inch slot for a SSD

5. geral

geral Newbie

Reputations:
    This "something this bad" is enough usefull for the use that I give it, but for 40$ in a new SSD the improvement would be remarkable.

PS: This Netbook hasn't a 2.5 inch slot, just has that miniPCIe slot ("mSATA") that you can see in the photo that I attached.

6. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    But its slow enough that you can't even do what you want, a new SSD is not going to solve that

7. geral

geral Newbie

Reputations:
    The loss of performance of the SSD was remarkable, although the netbook is bad the big cause is the SSD
    [​IMG]

8. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    No, the performance is plain bad from the get go, 1GB RAM and a Atom CPU? Worse than my phone...

9. geral

geral Newbie

Reputations:
    haha yes worse than a phone, although it currently has 2GB RAM, anyway it is enough for running Windows 7 and for basic computing tasks

Anyway I only try to upgrade SSD spending about 50$, I do not need to spend 350$ on a new notebook, I do not see any problem in it, But we are digressing from what I wanted to ask about.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  10. OverTallman

OverTallman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did some research on T91MT and it seems it uses mPCIe form factor PATA SSD, just like Dell Inspiron Mini 9 (910)/Vostro A90 and Asus Eee PC 900. Given your budget, your only choice is the one from KingSpec, currently selling in eBay for $51 for 32GB version.

I've used 2 of these SSDs, speed is decent but they'd occasionally stutter while writing a lot of files, it's a well known issue of the JMicron JMF608 controller on them. It sucks but you don't really have a lot of choices right now, AFAIK KingSpec has stopped producing such oddball SSDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.