Need Very Lightweight Netbook w HDMI out

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by recDNA, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you want performance, Low voltage isn't it. And the Core i7 low voltage is not a true Quad Core, think Dual Core. Core i5 in low voltage is more practical. Want high performance, want cooling, want Quad Core, you have to lug a bit more weight. Or you must compromise on something. 3-4 pounds offers you more performance. And to get VGA out gets you into that range. Why so obsessed with weight?. I am physically challenged (a wheelchair user). When I need it, I lug a Panasonic ToughBook spastic me can't kill, it weighs 5 times what you want. When I need it, I need it. If you must have real Core i7 performance and a Quad Core, you'll have to add a pound or a bit more, or settle for lower performance. UltraBooks are and have been a compromise.

2. recDNA

recDNA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My briefcase is too heavy. The entire purpose is to reduce weight. I don't need great performance. I need reduced weight with hdmi out and a way to get dvi out maybe with a converter ao I will need multiple usb one of which should be usb c

I need rotator cuff surgery so it hurts to lift anything more than a couple of pounds. Sometimes I need both arms. Anyway it is the only reason I want a nee computer to reduce weight but to connect to projectors wherever I go I find they don't all have hdmi. Many have that other plug (vga or divi not sure the smaller of the 2)

3. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    DVI out is also a problem on thin and light machines, they have HDMI out. I know you need lightweight, I know you need thin. But to get VGA out, the new thin and light UltraBooks don't have VGA or DVI out. Simple fact of life, the legacy ports are left off such machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.