Need suggestions for Video editing & gaming laptop.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by saswat12345, Nov 22, 2019.

1. saswat12345

saswat12345 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi , I'm Saswat from India. I'm looking for a laptop with good CPU & GPU it must have a good display for content creation. I have work in Adobe Premiere pro , After effect , Photoshop. I play games as well. budget is around 70-75k INR around 900$ . I was looking at gaming laptops like Acer Nitro 5 , Lenovo Y540 but I'm not sure which kind of laptop I need . Need recommendation & different suggestions. Thanks

2. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would recommend the Lenovo Legion series, however as you live in India its hard for us to justify any machine as India in my experience have very different pricing compared to Europe for example.
    However there are some machines I can try to point out that you can check out in your market segment to see.

MSI Alpha 15, an all AMD laptop, now the reason I mention this one is its really good performance for its price, I seen this one has really odd pricing anything from 890 to 1000 dollars but in India it might be different.

Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU comes with Ryzen and 1660 Ti but I seen this thing for as low as 900 dollars on sale, so its well priced at least in Europe and its got good hardware to back it up.

Asus TUF FX505DT is another AMD machine, Ryzen has really brought down the prices in the laptop market this one only has a 1650 however but its price is lower than 900, and it should suit your needs if the two others are too expensive.

Now Lenovo Legion are good machines, if you can find one for your price and it is within your price range, go for it but if its not and the three others I have mentioned might be within more reasonable price.
    Any of these machines should suit your needs very well, some of them come even with high refresh rate screens up to 120Hz and even FreeSync.

These days unless you are handling 4k ProRes or RAW DNG video footage, simple AMD APU such as Ryzen 5 3500U would get the job done just fine for video editing, photo editing and so on, but since you also want to do some gaming I highly recommend the four machines mentioned.

3. saswat12345

saswat12345 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for suggestion well Rog Zephyrus has average display I got to know & I'm looking for Intel CPU's like I7. I have Ryzen in my desktop but need Intel cpu in the laptop I'll buy . Any other options with good display & CPU ?

4. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The machines I listed should have their Intel equivalent, it all depend on price, Intel machines tend to be more expensive but arguably they are not better. Comparable? Yes but not better, at least not in price to performance.
    So its up to you and what you can find in India, its not really useful for you that I go around finding machines cheap in my region when its a different story where you live.