need new laptop

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Jesslouisexox, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM.

1. Jesslouisexox

Jesslouisexox Newbie

Reputations:
    hi i am looking to buy my sister a new laptop for her birthday so she can play all her old sims 2 games, i want it to be as cheap and basic as possible as i have a limit of around £170. i am more than willing to buy a used one aslong as its from somewhere reliable. i am based in the uk btw. but i have no knowledge of what requirements the laptop will need in order to play smoothly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The Sims 2 is very old, just about any modern computer can run that. It's probably not worth buying a computer that is more than 3 years old, though.

Here is what LaptopsDirect has for under 200 quid. Not a lot. Avoid Chromebooks and anything with an Intel Pentium/Celeron processor. Maybe check eBay to see if there is an older Dell Latitude or Lenovo ThinkPad. If you're going to buy something used, stick to business-class notebooks. If you find something, post a link here, we'll take a look for you.

Charles