need new laptop

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Jesslouisexox, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jesslouisexox

Jesslouisexox Newbie

Reputations:
    hi i am looking to buy my sister a new laptop for her birthday so she can play all her old sims 2 games, i want it to be as cheap and basic as possible as i have a limit of around £170. i am more than willing to buy a used one aslong as its from somewhere reliable. i am based in the uk btw. but i have no knowledge of what requirements the laptop will need in order to play smoothly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The Sims 2 is very old, just about any modern computer can run that. It's probably not worth buying a computer that is more than 3 years old, though.

Here is what LaptopsDirect has for under 200 quid. Not a lot. Avoid Chromebooks and anything with an Intel Pentium/Celeron processor. Maybe check eBay to see if there is an older Dell Latitude or Lenovo ThinkPad. If you're going to buy something used, stick to business-class notebooks. If you find something, post a link here, we'll take a look for you.

Charles

3. Jesslouisexox

Jesslouisexox Newbie

Reputations:
    Ill have a look around i completley forgot i posted this,im hoping to purchase of amazon but everytime i look im clueless to what i actually need. very paranoid ill buy it and it wont run but ill drop a link if i find something thanks

4. Jesslouisexox

Jesslouisexox Newbie

Reputations:
  5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, that laptop is 11 years old. Will not play sims 2. Get something Core i 2nd gen or better

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Syria878

Syria878 Newbie

Reputations:
    Been exactly there recently as my brother is a big fan of The Sims 4, my budget was limited to $300 and I wasn't really able to find him something reliable. Anyways, let me link to the guide that helped with it.
    http://bestlaptopsworld.com/best-sims-4-laptops-2017/
    I purchased the last option listed by Acer Aspire series for around $260 but I am not really how much that'd cost you in UK. I would also recommend you not to go with old laptops as most of them heat up pretty quickly.